STATE RANK - what do you get? (1 Viewer)

2011_

HSC
I think it's a little sad that only those who come 1st get a certificate. Surely all state rankers deserve a certificate for their efforts at least? I definitely won't get one but there are plenty of people on this forum who probably will.

WorryWartCob

HSC

this isn't to be a bitch...
but do any of the state rankers have a balanced lifestyle....

i play sport, i work. and i am going okay. :)

HSC

I would say that the majority of state rankers are inanely more intelligent than the majority of people so they don't necessarily study more.

timting95

HSC

I understand where you are coming from, but i think most of them would be likely to have a balanced lifestyle. I mean realistically speaking
I played about 30 hours a week of soccer prior to this year and probably about 20 hours of swimming. I still go out with mates and things
I had a few jobs and i still practiced my piano after finishing 8th grade. But realistically speaking, i can think of many times when i probably
wasted far too much time, and well i think the top performers really make every second count. I guess that's the difference, and yeah i'm
assuming that they're also insanely smart

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
I think it's a little sad that only those who come 1st get a certificate. Surely all state rankers deserve a certificate.
They do get a certificate. It's called the Higher School Certificate.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

Yes. First in one of the Englishes in one of the years in the past 8 years (I'm not going to expose who he/she is) was arrested and charged for underaged drinking at one stage. Not exactly 'balanced' lifestyle, but they were quite the party boy/girl.

Couple of state ranks in 2010 in Chem did state volleyball.

OmmU

★ BoS Deity ★
HSC
Uni Grad
No.

But if you get 94+ in 10 units of study, you'll get $2k from government. A lot of people think that the top 5000 students get it, but this is false. I didn't get it, because Physics was 93, whereas my other subjects all were 96+, whereas someone that got 94 across the board and got a lesser ATAR than me got the $2k.

It's fair enough, though. Not complaining.
Working the corner seems like a far easier alternative to getting the money.. As well as some exotic diseases.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Getting the 2000 for 94+ in ten units is bizarre, you'd think they'd just give it to anyone who gets 98+ ATAR or something like that.

Aindan

HSC
this is like the super all rounders award haha

Starfriend

emancipation
HSC
Getting the 2000 for 94+ in ten units is bizarre, you'd think they'd just give it to anyone who gets 98+ ATAR or something like that.
Heaps of people get 98+ though. Only a certain number of people get 94 across the board. :)

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
tell the bitches that you got a state ranking and you'll get a blowjob. bitches love blowjobs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)