Statistics for Business (1 Viewer)

sumguy

HSC
Has anyone done this unit? if so how difficult was it, what was the level of maths involved, eg. was there alot of calculations and formulas that you had to know or remember..etc..

= Jennifer =

HSC
i personally have not done the unit but i know heaps of people who have

usually 2 unit maths from hsc level helps

but there are ppl i know who have gotten a Credit with just having general maths

if u keep up with ur work and do all the problems u should be ok and i think there are weekly assessments not too sure but i am sure someone will respond to this thread soon :)

Last edited:

ChiK

HSC
N/A
This unit can be both easy and difficult. It really depends on how much effort you wish to put into it.

The key is to do your homework every week and you should be able to conquer statistics.

You don't need to remember the formulas because all the assessments are open book.:rofl:

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
yeah i did Stats last semester. I HATED IT!!! i did 2 unit advanced maths in high scool, and i loved it. maths was my favorite subject. now, because of this unit, i hate maths. how much maths is involved? dude, it is ONLY maths. at the start. like week one and two, it was so easy, and i really enjoyed it. stuff like, stem and leaf plots, and histograms. easy fun shit like that. then it got REALLY hard. my lecturer was my tutor as well. he is asian and i barely understood a word he said.

like ChiK said, all assessments/worksheets/final exam are open book. but really, it didnt help me. its like reading a book written in chinese. i really needed a teacher i worked well with and understood. i was basically teaching the unit myself, which was really hard.

i hope hope hope to god and the angels that i passed the final. i would just.. DIE if i had to repeat Stats.

the advice about doing the homework each week is all well and good to say, but trying to do it is another thing all together. i only could do half the questions each week, and that was only by copying from smart people, just so i could get some scabby tute marks here and there.

if you cant understand just one week's work, you will fall behind majorly.

Last edited:

gedddy

HSC
i did stats last semester. It wasnt too bad.
The level of maths involved is pretty basic. The problem is applying and knowing which forumla's to use. Just a tip, dont worry if you dont understand wtf your doing, just make sure that u know how to use the formula's.

o and try your best in the worksheets, its alot simplier than the final exam.

pick me

HSC
Im also doing this unit next semester and it says I have to register for a workshop. Just wanted to know whats a workshop? like whats involved in them?

gedddy

HSC
pick me said:
Im also doing this unit next semester and it says I have to register for a workshop. Just wanted to know whats a workshop? like whats involved in them?

hi, i believe you dont "have" to register for a workshop

tubtub

HSC
worshop=tutorial

i did it this semester and there a 2 tutorials. tutorial A and B. A isnt compulsory and doesnt mark attendance. B is where the tutor marks ur name down to check ur howework and do ur tests etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)