Sticky Situation (1 Viewer)

conch575

HSC
I'm going out with a guy who is 22, and I am 16. I have told my mother that he is 20 and she was cool with *that* age gap.. Now I feel bad for lying to her, should I tell her how old he really is?

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
yep you should tell her. why the fuck are you going out with someone that old, hes probably a pedo.

i feel sorry for your mum

dan2452

HSC
Yeah, that is a really big age gap. Maybe keep quiet about it, unless you intend to get deeper into a relationship, in which case it is best to tell her.

conch575

HSC
Yeah, that is a really big age gap. Maybe keep quiet about it, unless you intend to get deeper into a relationship, in which case it is best to tell her.
I know it's a big age gap, but it's seriously not a *big thing* if that makes sense.. We never think about it, we enjoy each others company. I guess it wouldn't seem as big when we're both older.

philphie

Banned
HSC
he's your english teacher isn't he? haven't i seen this on neighbours before?

philphie

Banned
HSC
i prefer it when malcom in the middle was on at that time slot

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
i thought this was going to be about semen.

anyway, don't say anything. you'll probably break up anyway and if you tell your mum it'll just cause stupid fighting that doesn't need to exist.

Amogh

HSC
N/A
lol funny how this went from "omg my mum will hate me" to "i love simpsons"

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
I'm going out with a guy who is 22, and I am 16. I have told my mother that he is 20 and she was cool with *that* age gap.. Now I feel bad for lying to her, should I tell her how old he really is?
22 years old is alright if it's a healthy, consensual and safe relationship. A friend of mine, she was only 16 and was going out with a 30 year old. That's pushing it a bit.

I think you should tell your mother he is 22 though. If you're not mature enough to tell your mother the truth about a man you are dating, then you probably aren't ready for such a relationship anyway.

conch575

HSC

anyway, don't say anything. you'll probably break up anyway and if you tell your mum it'll just cause stupid fighting that doesn't need to exist.
I thought a semen-sounding title would draw people's attention! Yeah I think that's a good idea.. Even though I don't like to think about breaking up, I'll think realistically.. I don't want her hating me for lying or anything.. It has been 6 months that I've been lying to her..

Cleveland show should be gotten rid of :chainsaw:
All Family Guy is pretty crap..

lol funny how this went from "omg my mum will hate me" to "i love simpsons"
Hahaha.. I DO love Simpsons, and Futurama..

conch575

HSC
22 years old is alright if it's a healthy, consensual and safe relationship. A friend of mine, she was only 16 and was going out with a 30 year old. That's pushing it a bit.

I think you should tell your mother he is 22 though. If you're not mature enough to tell your mother the truth about a man you are dating, then you probably aren't ready for such a relationship anyway.
Yes, it's healthy and consensual, he said he doesn't want to do anything until I'm ready and 18 or older.

I really don't know what to do now, I think I might discuss it with him and come up with a decision, with all these arguments in mind.

Amogh

HSC
N/A
how'd you get intimate with this guy in the first place..
i mean i usually just stick with people in my age bracket
and ye..
tis all good aslong as..well..he doesnt try doing stuff to you..

dan2452

HSC
As long as he's not taking advantage it doesn't really matter. 22 is still fairly ok, but 24 and up is too much.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
so did i.

thats it, im going to bed.

oh, and to actually make this post constructive- a 6 year age gap taking into consideration both of your ages and subsequent levels of maturity is quite significant.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)