Still possible to get an atar of 75?? (1 Viewer)

Skriker

HSC
Ok so I have managed to bombed out of like all my subjects in my half yearly report, and basically just passed all of my subjects like 50+ my top mark was english with 75 i know its horrible but i was just wondering if it is still possible to get an atar of 75+

My school is ranked in the 60's if that helps anyone

someone please reply :) thanks

Skriker

HSC
Depends how you're ranked atm.
Business ranked 27/69
Economics 30/39
General maths 61/75 ( I hate maths)
Information process technology5/12
English 27/70
Studies of religion 21/32

They are my rankings i know its shit i completely wiped out in most of my exams.
If its possible do you still think i can get an atar of 75?

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
I reckon Maths isn't gonna count for you, you can do it, but it's gonna take a big effort to get there.

Skriker

HSC
I reckon Maths isn't gonna count for you, you can do it, but it's gonna take a big effort to get there.
thanks, do u know what mark i should be aiming for now in my subjects? to get 75??

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Well ranks are of more importance so I guess you should at least be aiming for the top half of every sub and work from there.

Skriker

HSC
Well ranks are of more importance so I guess you should at least be aiming for the top half of every sub and work from there.
Howcome the ranks are more important could u tell me how they work? if thats not a problem?

cheers :)

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
It's your ranks that will determine your internal HSC mark.

For example, say you attained a rank of 10/70 in English. That means that the 10th highest mark achieved by your cohort in the external HSC exam becomes your internal assessment mark for that particular subject.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I think you still have a reasonable chance due to your school's rank. I think what would really assist is improving your rank in English (it always counts) and Economics (it's your best scaling subject). If you can bring those two subjects ranks up, it would help your ATAR aim handsomely. Oh and are you doing Studies or religion 1 or 2u? Cause I don't foresee maths counting for you, so you could drop it and spend more time on your other subjects.

Good luck!

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
You'll just have to put in a huge effort and try to get your rankings up and hope for a great external mark. Good luck

Fake-Name

HSC
I'm ranked 1st and 2nd in all of my classes. But I go to a really, really, shitty school... Say I score 85% on all of my subjects (see my signature) How will my marks be affected by this?

Thanks.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I'm ranked 1st and 2nd in all of my classes. But I go to a really, really, shitty school... Say I score 85% on all of my subjects (see my signature) How will my marks be affected by this?

Thanks.
Terribly dude.

Girl in my grade scored 90+ internally for everything bar 2U (Maths). Worked hard for her marks and knew her shit well. I was of the opinion she was in for an ATAR of 95+ (due to her marks and her subjects). HSC comes round, barely scrapes a 90 because our grade dragged her down. Went from a 96 raw internal in Economics to 87 moderated. My school is ranked around the 550's, but we often get exceptional students that get 98 UAI/ATAR's. One of our school captains is at UNSW Med, for example.

Get first in everything, give everyone *everyone* your notes and make sure they do well. Smash HSC exams.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Terribly dude.

Girl in my grade scored 90+ internally for everything bar 2U (Maths). Worked hard for her marks and knew her shit well. I was of the opinion she was in for an ATAR of 95+ (due to her marks and her subjects). HSC comes round, barely scrapes a 90 because our grade dragged her down. Went from a 96 raw internal in Economics to 87 moderated. My school is ranked around the 550's, but we often get exceptional students that get 98 UAI/ATAR's. One of our school captains is at UNSW Med, for example.

Get first in everything, give everyone *everyone* your notes and make sure they do well. Smash HSC exams.
This.

timmyboi987

HSC
Probably not hey bro. My dad is the assistant principal (curriculum) and he says YOU'RE FUCKED

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)