"Stop celebrity worship you dumb teens" - Governor-General says (1 Viewer)

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
GOVERNOR-GENERAL Michael Jeffery has urged people to spend less time idolising youthful celebrities and look to the elderly for wisdom.
Major-General Jeffery, who retires this year, recommended in an interview published today that Australians put substance ahead of glamour.

"We have had too much of an emphasis on celebrity and that tends to be younger (people),'' he told News Limited.

"I think there is a lot of the glitz and the hero worship of so-called glamour as against substance, and that impacts on the respect for older people.

"I don't think we spend enough time extracting the wisdom of older people.''

The Governor-General also said climate change and sustainability were more important issues to consider than the terror threat.

"The war on terrorism is perhaps a second-order issue in comparison to problems we are going to have with resources and water,'' Maj-Gen Jeffery said.

"The greatest challenge we are about to face is whether the globe has sufficient renewable resources to meet the aspirations of, firstly, a burgeoning middle class in China and India, and secondly, the global population expansion estimated to go to 10 billion by 2020.''

In a contradiction to Rudd Government policy, he said nuclear power should not be ruled out as low-emissions power source.

"All options should be considered.

"It is something - along with everything else ... wind power, tidal, wave solar, ultra-clean coal ... all those things - we should be looking at in an educated and informed way to come up with the best solution.''

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23493136-29277,00.html
Mini Paris Hilton whores.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Is it any surprise he contradicts the Rudd Government?

After all, who put him in the position he is in?

John Howard! :D

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
This man is correct you people worship false idols CAST ASIDE YOUR OLD BELIEFS AND BE SAVED

P.S. give that man an honour degree of FAIL at the University of Epic. World population won't even be 10 billion by 2050, let alone 2020.

Mumma

HSC
I agree with pretty much all his points.
Especially on nuclear power. Nuclear power is the best solution.

Foxodi

HSC
10billion by 2020? Rofl, its been 6billion for as long as I remember.... or maybe Australia has a secret drug to boost fertility in Australia by 50fold and they will give it to us through tap water :O Then they'll sell only faulty condoms.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
yeh well it stays around 6 billion for a while when you round to the nearest billion. it is still growing quite rapidly and the 10billion figure is entirely plausible:

http://www.census.gov/ipc/www/idb/worldpopinfo.html
Entirely plausible? How do you figure that?

10 billion by 2020 is a pretty much impossible figure, even considering the high and low TFRs and such. The link you provide suggests this too.

Estimates suggest that by 2050 Europe's population will have decreased by 1/3. DECREASED. Japan, China and pretty much all the Western world bar India and America have significantly below replacement level Total Fertility Rate. India will account for about 1 billion people growth by 2050. America something like 0.1 billion.

Africa + the Middle East's population will double from 0.9 billion to 1.8 billion by 2050 - but even there, regardless of the growth rate, the base population is too small to produce massive change. And that's all assuming civil war and poverty don't get worse... which they obviously would when you double the population.

I'm really interested in how 10 billion is anywhere near possible by 2020.

Conclusion: for the period 2000 to 2050, the highest population point will be 2050, at between 8 and 10 billion.

Last edited:

michael1990

HSC
kick the little Paris Hilton people in the butt and send them home...

NO THURSDAY NIGHTS FOR YOU.

HSC
Sounds like the GG just has a case of sandy vagina because no-one cares about him.

jimmayyy

HSC
JaredR said:
Is it any surprise he contradicts the Rudd Government?

After all, who put him in the position he is in?

John Howard! :D
it was an arab conspiracy hey

ippie

HSC
Who gives a fuck what the GG thinks?

He prob does shit all day, stupid fucker.

AUSTRALIA ---> REPUBLIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

[size=+2]NOW[/size]

TacoTerrorist

HSC
The Governor General owns. Teenagers are stupid, Americanisation is ruining our country and dipshit youth are encouraging it.

Gay Captain

HSC
TacoTerrorist said:
The Governor General owns. Teenagers are stupid, Americanisation is ruining our country and dipshit youth are encouraging it.
Australia is the cancer
Islam is the answer

ippie

HSC
perez is a stupid fat bitch. i stopped visiting his site last year because i was sick of his childish stupid scribble shit all over pics of celebs. does he still do that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)