• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Stress Relievers (1 Viewer)

annagurl

HSC
N/A
I thought stressing was supposed to make you lose weight. :/
really? people have been telling me that HSC makes you gain weight! Some girl who graduated last year told me she gained 8kgs during the hsc from regular snacking due to HSC stress.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Watching skinny people running is enough stress relief for me.

annagurl

HSC
N/A
If you're a girl dieting so youll be attractive to guys, dont. We generally don't give a shit about a little chubbiness (some find it hot) unless you're approaching land whale size. They types that say otherwise are usually tanned guidos who wear nike and adidas
Who are you referring to?
Yeah, I totally agree. People should embrace their god given... size :p

Mr L

HSC
N/A
My top three stress relievers are:
- Walking
- Martial Arts
- More walking

Gigacube

HSC
really? people have been telling me that HSC makes you gain weight! Some girl who graduated last year told me she gained 8kgs during the hsc from regular snacking due to HSC stress.
Wow. I don't snack when I'm working. It annoys me that I get food on my hands which then gets onto my books or the keyboard. I always thought that stress made you lose weight. You could do regular exercise to avoid gaining too much weight.

annagurl

HSC
N/A
Wow. I don't snack when I'm working. It annoys me that I get food on my hands which then gets onto my books or the keyboard. I always thought that stress made you lose weight. You could do regular exercise to avoid gaining too much weight.
I think eating unhealthy allows you to lose/maintain your weight. Seriously. You wont get enough nutrition, hence you deprive your body of necessary nutrition, resulting in weight loss.
I'm not very meticulous when it comes to getting my books dirty. I just wipe it, and it's all good ;D
My keyboard has a cover, so all is good. Otherwise, it'd be filthy D:

Last edited:

Gigacube

HSC
I think eating unhealthy allows you to lose/maintain your weight. Seriously. You wont get enough nutrition, hence you deprive your body of necessary nutrition, resulting in weight loss.
I'm not very meticulous when it comes to getting my books dirty. I just wipe it, and it's all good ;D
My keyboard has a cover, so all is good. Otherwise, it'd be filthy D:
Eating unhealthily can also result in weight gain but it's important to get enough nutrients into your body to help your brain function properly.

annagurl

HSC
N/A
Eating unhealthily can also result in weight gain but it's important to get enough nutrients into your body to help your brain function properly.
You sound just like my mother..
That's exactly something she would say :p

Waiyana

HSC
Haha i like how your talking about weight, BMI, etc. Something other than school related stuff.
Well my top three stress relievers are:
1. Sleep (about an hr nap each afternoon) which i know i should stop doing.
2. Listening to music
3. Reading a book (something i would love to do right now, but know its waste my study time) :(

Gigacube

HSC
Haha i like how your talking about weight, BMI, etc. Something other than school related stuff.
2. Listening to music
3. Reading a book (something i would love to do right now, but know its waste my study time) :(
Reading is a good one too. Gets your mind off the work.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
2. Listening to music
Reading would count as study if you are reading your prescribed texts.

crazysexycool

HSC
1. Training/dancing
2. Karaoke (note that the singing is not taken seriously and the microphones are simply used to amplify my horrible off-tune voice)
3. Youtube

annagurl

HSC
N/A
40kg.

And to OP, my top 3 are:

- Running
- Eating
- Kickboxing
Whoaaa. No offence, but if you are my height [160cm] or taller, and you weigh that much, I think it's safe to say that you're super underweight D:

Waiyana

HSC
Reading would count as study if you are reading your prescribed texts.
pfft... lol i mean reading for leisure. when i read my prescibed texts its torture, knowing you would hve to analyse it later on.

Gigacube

HSC
Chucking a stress ball around. I don't like squishing it. It's not as fun.

annagurl

HSC
N/A
Chucking a stress ball around. I don't like squishing it. It's not as fun.
Those things are tiny. What you want is a medicine ball. Just chuck that at someone and you'll feel instantly better ;]

Gigacube

HSC
Those things are tiny. What you want is a medicine ball. Just chuck that at someone and you'll feel instantly better ;]
I'll remember that the next time I'm stressed. ;) So far I have nothing much to be stressed about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)