Stress (1 Viewer)

loolee

HSC
Do you guys have any good idea how to get rid of stress??

We don't have only HSC problem but also "other" problems as well [for someone who has it, include me]

soo...yeh....any good advice???

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Music works so well. Different types of music also help swing my mood depending on the type of stress. If I'm stressing too much and need to calm down, some soft slow pace music works great.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Ummm, girls can bat off before an exam... I just don't knwo why anyone, male or female would want to...

But anyway, back to the question. I am the queen of stress, and I have recently become the queen on managing it.

First of all, it depends on the source of stress. Sometimes it's a good idea to identify in your head why you're stressed. It sounds silly but it helps. Just think "why am I feeling like this?" and go from there.

Also, if your general level of stress is low, when you "get stressed" it tends to be at a lower level. That means that you need to make sure that you stay as relaxed as possible during study etc. You can do this by:
  • deep breathing exercises
  • go lie down for 5 minutes while just focusing on your breath. Count to five (in your head) slowly, in time with your breath, like this "in-one, out-one, in-two, out-two, in-three, out-three, in-four, out-four, in-five, out-five". When you get to five, start again at one.
  • exercise! When things get to much, go run all-out until you get tired. Then bring it down to a jog, then brisk walk. By the time you're done you'll feel a lot better
  • make sure you get at least 7.5-8 hours sleep. Fatigue can seriously bring on stress. If you have trouble going to sleep early, take the herbal supplement Melatonin about half an hour before bed for a few days to get yourself in the habit
  • cut down on caffeine, drink lots of water
  • if you have trouble getting to sleep from stress, read something brainless, stupid and funny before sleeping, to get your mind off it.
  • baths can be helpful
  • lean on your friends- metaphorically, that is.
I hope this helps :)

loolee

HSC
dagwoman said:
Ummm, girls can bat off before an exam... I just don't knwo why anyone, male or female would want to...

But anyway, back to the question. I am the queen of stress, and I have recently become the queen on managing it.

First of all, it depends on the source of stress. Sometimes it's a good idea to identify in your head why you're stressed. It sounds silly but it helps. Just think "why am I feeling like this?" and go from there.

Also, if your general level of stress is low, when you "get stressed" it tends to be at a lower level. That means that you need to make sure that you stay as relaxed as possible during study etc. You can do this by:
  • deep breathing exercises
  • go lie down for 5 minutes while just focusing on your breath. Count to five (in your head) slowly, in time with your breath, like this "in-one, out-one, in-two, out-two, in-three, out-three, in-four, out-four, in-five, out-five". When you get to five, start again at one.
  • exercise! When things get to much, go run all-out until you get tired. Then bring it down to a jog, then brisk walk. By the time you're done you'll feel a lot better
  • make sure you get at least 7.5-8 hours sleep. Fatigue can seriously bring on stress. If you have trouble going to sleep early, take the herbal supplement Melatonin about half an hour before bed for a few days to get yourself in the habit
  • cut down on caffeine, drink lots of water
  • if you have trouble getting to sleep from stress, read something brainless, stupid and funny before sleeping, to get your mind off it.
  • baths can be helpful
  • lean on your friends- metaphorically, that is.
I hope this helps :)

Doing exercise and bath is good...I think I should try that...

Uumm...at the moment I really need caffeine to speeds up my metabolism for exams so I can think clearly. If that's not a good idea, wt else can I do? (drink gatorate perhaps as other threads discuss b4) coz I find food makes me sleepy.

sometimes you just have problem other than exams that jumps on your mind, while you in the middle of really2 studying. Do you know how to forget that annoying thing???

Last edited:

DudeLEB0WSKI24

HSC
Simple.
Buy Paul Simon's album 'Graceland'.
Listen to it LOUD.
The most joyous music experience ever.

maskd

HSC
Mike Oldfield - Complete Tubular Bells 30th Anniversary

Crank it.

Oh btw, I don't feel stressed, even when I feel I SHOULD be stressed, I always get a "meh" feeling and think 'Its OK, I dont need the HSC, I can get places in life without it'.

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
I'm going for a run now. Doing 3 assignments in a row has brought a massive amount of pain to my back.

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
Get a soft ball and throw it as hard as you can at a wall.

It works, seriously just try it :p

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
May I ask what this "other stress" you keep referring to is?

dandel26

HSC
How stressful could relationship problems be in comparison to HSC????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)