Structure of an Essay-Help! (1 Viewer)

drellafemes

HSC
N/A
Hi there Ive been drawn between my tutor's (who teaches at a school ranked top 10) way of structuring an essay and the way my school structures it.

I have an assessment coming up and it is an essay revolving around Macbeth

The way my tutor told me to structure my essay is like so:
Introduction
{conceptual idea(including thesis in it) on Macbeth and contextual idea on Macbeth}
Body paragraphs
{Textual analysis: #1- the rise of Macbeth, #2-the fall after the murder of King duncan, #3-right before Macbeth's death (these includes all the techniques + quotes etc.)
conlusion
{Incite on what Shakespeare is trying to tell us + Linking the body paragraphs to thesis}

The way my school told me to structure my essay:

Introduction
{thesis + arguments + everything that is going to be said}
Body Paragraphs
T-opic sentence (arguement)
E-vidence (quote)
E-xplanation
L-ink (to thesis)
All x3
Conclusion
{Restate thesis+explain how the evidence presented in the body paragraph proves your point+Link what your essay has been about to the text (thesis)}

I don't know which structure to use because my tutors seems to be 're-telling' the story I'm not sure how that answers the essay question....but this is a person who has been teaching at a top school.

What I'm trying to say here is that my tutor's structure is different to the way my school has taught me and not sure if it would benefit me on doing my tutors structure.

Which way do you do your essay? :/

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
I like the way your school has taught you to structure your arguments/explanations within an essay - hence use the format your school teachers taught you. Back in my school days our teachers told us never to regurgitate a story but to validate a point using quotes etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)