Structure of Continuers Exam (1 Viewer)

Skip

How exactly does it work?

Do you have 10 mins reading time, then you do listening (and listen to all that crap about "you will hear 8 texts, blah, blah, blah") and afterwards you do the rest of the paper?

chepas

HSC
Hey Skip,

The way it runs should be exactly how you did all your other French exams, ie trials and half-yearlies. Though I suppose this depends on how strict the teachers were with emulating exam conditions.

I think the way it worked for last year (it's so long ago now!) is either:

1) that you get the whole paper at the beginning, and 10 minutes to read through it all, including the Listening section. The tape usually is played with 10 minutes of silence and then the "The examination will now begin. Part/Section A: Listening skills" and then the spiel you mention. As soon as the last extract is played you will then have time to go through the rest of the paper, no time limit on if you finish the Listening section.

OR

2) as above, except that they take the Listening portion away from you when the tape says something like "You may now proceed to the next section". But I think I may be confusing that with the Beginner's procedure.

I am pretty sure it's the first situation though, I have a faint memory of being able to return to the listening resposnes I'd written and in fact edit and change them, after I'd finished the rest of the paper.

The actual exam only lasts 2hrs 50 minutes, including the listening component, so the test is actually 3 hours that INCLUDES the 10min reading time.

Former Continuers please enlighten!

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
No the latter chepas is the beginners format I believe. For French (I do continuers) we get to keep the listening paper with us and the exam is listed as 9.20-12.30.

Whereas for Italian I do beginners) it is listed 9.30 m-10.15 (listening) written 10.25 -12.30 and they take the paper away from you

*In stress mode* I havent touched much French coz I have so many exams this week..arg I am screwed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)