strugglin with essays in drama (1 Viewer)

shayla

HSC
I need help.

I want to try my hardest in Drama cause i enjoy it so much, but i cant even write essays propperly in drama.

could someone help me please?

memadison

HSC
hey im on the same level there, i can get marks in english essays but for drama wo almost failed the exam

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Writing Drama essays really aren't that hard when you get used to them. Below is an outline of a simple Drama essay.

The first thing you need to consider is structure. Start of with your introduction, clearly outlining and defining what your essay is all about. Effectively, your opening paragraph should summarise the main purpose of your thesis/essay. In this section you may also include a brief summation of your play and the important themes therein.

From the stage, your job is simple. Each paragraph is made up of the following:
1. A Key Point
2. A explanation of this point.
3. An example of this point within your related text.
4. How it links back to your chosen topic or question.

Of these stages, the one where many students will falter is stage four. They provide lots of information on a topic, yet they do not link it to the set task, and subsequent, the information has little relevance. Those who do debating will probably recognise this structure.

In terms of closing, your conclusion is basically a summary of what you have described in you essay. It needs to include all your major points. The final lines can be use to restate the question, but in statement form.

Hope this helps.

KatPadackles

HSC
Thanks for that :) But is anyone doing 'Summer Of the 17th Doll' or 'The Removalists'? I have to do a speech on how the staging and acting refelcted the times when the plays were written. Now there are several scenes from a Stephen King novel i would reenact before i would have an ounce of excitement for this, but hey, that's life!

***Steph***

HSC
Another thing I found really important for drama essays was for each of your plays, knowing inside out the forms, styles, conventions and techniques of the play (and knowing the difference between each and what sort of things they include) as well as themes and how all of the above relates to the society from which the play came.

Cassias

HSC
my essay

hey i did an essay for drama on the removalists and no sugar, perhaps this will help you. if i had specifically said "WORKSHOP" i would have gotten more marks. this was second top in my class i think 3rd or 4th in my year. the question was how the plays written reflect our concerns and views of our culture or something similar. i say what it is basically in the first few lines

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)