STUCK IN THE MUD - help (1 Viewer)

wheel

HSC
hi, i need some advice

i am doing mx1 (1st), mx2 (1st), eco (1st), adv english (2nd), physics (3rd) and for the last year or so have been extremely annoyed that i picked physics over legal studies.

anyway, for university i had always had in my mind a combined economics degree, most likely with advanced maths. i have always wanted to go to uni at either unsw or usyd. so i did some research and found the australian school of business at unsw. as the best business faculty in australia, it suggests that it would have the best economics school as well. so i had my sights set on a combined eco/adv maths at unsw.

however after going to the unsw open day and sitting through the maths lecture about studying advanced maths, i found it looked impressively boring, the careers prospects further this issue greatly. after sitting in a law lecture (i had thought about law but i have no ambition to be a solicitor/lawyer/barrister) it explained that under 50% of law graduates actually end up practice law in a courthouse as a lawyer, etc. over 50% of graduates use their law skills to give them greater edges over other employees for jobs as well as giving them a leg up into commerical law, policy making and other prestigious and well respected occupations.

i was stumped.

i reconsidered an eco/law degree, except as the asb was what attracted me to unsw, and as the honours year will be law and usyd has a better law reputation, i have shifted my attention towards studying at usyd. now to get into law is 99.75 at usyd and my atar calcs are telling my im going to get low 99s, just not quite enough. i looked at entry schemes to take down the atar, except the most prominent, the e12 scheme, closed on friday, AND I ONLY FIGURED I WANTED TO DO THE DEGREE ON THE SATURDAY.

now i am stuck, what should i do? eco law at usyd or unsw? transfer if i dont get in from unsw eco to usyd law? please help?

thanks very much in advanced

(i know this was poorly written, it was rushed badly)

ps. my school qualifies for the access scheme through uac, any chance that will drop an atar rank or two?

thanks again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)