study day? (1 Viewer)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
YOU are.

Sorry Amy, highly unlikely you'll get any serious responses here. Possible, but not probable. Newie people are in the minority/don't talk and the ones that do are already in uni.

amybaker1990

HSC
i dont see why it would be.. perhaps at lunch??

but i doubt that many ppl are going as its school holidays like there is only 2 ppl from my school going..
am partly going because i like the campus and i feel the need to explore and get acquainted with my(hopefully) future surroundings.

plus its good to have the upper hand on kids at my school although that doesnt take much apparently as i have a dumb school

em_516

bludging..
HSC
I went to some pretty good english ones around this time for my hsc I think. I think this is the time when all those days start man.

blue_chameleon said:
I was just starting to recover and move on from the tragedy that was deletion of the thread.

Words can not describe.
I know right? Devastating.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I never went to any, I got into uni.

Seriously, your UAI means fuck all as soon as you get into uni.

~untitled~

HSC
Hsc is silly. Study days are even sillier. You will never revise the notes you made there anyway.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Mm I dunno. I had fun going with the school to Syd lol, and I don't think I did use any notes there that I made but I think some useful points got in my head. Esp for one I went to Syd (just me and one other girl, SHOPPINNN) to learn about how to raise the standards of your PIP and I like to think that helped lol :) Maybe it depends whether you want to get something out of them, Iunno.

I did a photography day in Syd once too. That was awesome :D - though not HSC-related.

Edit: But you're right, the HSC is dumb.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Er..if you never went to them, how do you know whether they're helpful or not?
Sure, they probably didn't have a lot to do with my uai, prolly would've been the same anyway, but I found them encouraging and I think they boosted my confidence a tad, knowing that I was heading in the right direction.

jumb said:
Seriously, your UAI means fuck all as soon as you get into uni.
And I get that, but for some people I could imagine they'd be super helpful and might actually be the thing that helps them get on the right track and into uni..there are some shite schools out there.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
*needed. This is past tense now anyway.
Well I dunno..I was mostly happy with my education (minus Modern History..thank you senile dumbass teacher) but I dunno..it just was nice to know I was going in the right direction. Students get told things and blindly follow them assuming that it's gotta be correct so..yeh. And as I also said, I actually had fun on those days. No way would I have gone in my own time though lol.

Anyway whatever, as said, there's no point going on about this when we're all past HSC year anyway. I bet Amy comes on here and says it was shit *sigh* lol.

~untitled~

HSC
Oh, and by that i dont mean that i didnt enjoy the entire week we spent in sydney for ancient history going to random study days. I didnt learn a great deal, but it was heaps of fun, and lol even better when the teacher doesent know her way around sydney putting us on a "10 minute" ferry trip that ended up taking like over an hour.

amybaker1990

HSC
i went.... it was good confusing but good. i got a lot out of it esp for Gen maths but i hate teachers when they contradict eachother .
eg
1 hsc senior marker for area of study telling us not to use abbreviations the exams
and then the other senior marker for english modules teloling us they dont mind and they wont care!!! grrr

notthat u uni folk prob even care. BUT i got something out of it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)