Study during Holidays (1 Viewer)

nitro.vo

HSC
So its the holidays before trials...

I've got 4 weeks off. I wanna know how much everyone is planning to study during their holidays.

I'm aiming for at least 3 hours a day, except when im in Phuket for a week.

Basically im trying to write up all my notes asap and then do tests and questions before the end. I also have to do my PIP :S

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Re: So its the holidays before trials...

I have three weeks, in which I'll be finishing off my notes and general revision for everything. I am aiming to finish revising by the end of the holidays and will be doing past papers in the first two weeks of term, then it's CSSA trials starting week 3.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A

Our school is doing CSSA trial papers as well - i hate the timetable, but meh. Going to revise everything, do a lot of past papers and write adaptable essays for english and then memorize them.

s2indie

HSC

Riviet said:
I have three weeks, in which I'll be finishing off my notes and general revision for everything. I am aiming to finish revising by the end of the holidays and will be doing past papers in the first two weeks of term, then it's CSSA trials starting week 3.
I plan to do the same.:)

"Chubby"

HSC

i only get the 2 weeks of holidays (where everybody gets those) and i come back to school wk 1- 4 and then wk 5 are my trials. Im stressed because i have one assignment in the holidays, and then 2 assignments before the trials. *cries*

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A

Chubby said:
i only get the 2 weeks of holidays (where everybody gets those) and i come back to school wk 1- 4 and then wk 5 are my trials. Im stressed because i have one assignment in the holidays, and then 2 assignments before the trials. *cries*
Yeah, i have a modern history assessment worth as much as my trials in the holidays and also a english assessment, the first week back.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC

Still one more week left of school for me, ah the perials of public education!

Then two weeks of holidays and three weeks of school before the trials begin. I actually like Riviets idea use the holidays to make summaries, revise notes, complete 2 assessments (Modern History assignment & SDD major project) then practice exams in the lead up to the trials.

Happy holidays to all and good luck with the trials!

metalhead_loz

HSC

I have nearly finished all my notes. I only get 2 weeks of holidays and then the trials begin in week 3. I have an economics report worth 30% to do over the holidays.

Plan to study notes and do plenty of questions/past papers. Hopefully I can do 4 hours of study a day.

HSC

i got trials starting in week 3 next term, well, how nice, all my exams are crammed in the first week, but then i get week 4 all free!!! :D

ive made study notes for everything except maths, but i dont think u need study notes for maths, u just need to remember the important formulas.

ive got a stack of revision questions for maths to do over the holidays, like 40 of them...and also going to write about 3 essays each for eng, eco and legal, maybe im pushing it a little, but i want to get really high marks for eco, im serzly going to go mental if i get less than 90 for eco trial, for the other subjects, going to do past papers and questions from excel books.

wishing everyone a happy holiday and best of luck for trials. :D

xx__savannah

HSC

I've still got one week of school left, then two weeks of holidays, and we've been told we're meant to do about 5-6 hours of study a day during the week, and have the weekend off.

I'll just be typing up everything, writing a few English essays,and past papers. I doubt I'll do 5 hours a day though.

P

pLuvia

From the beginning of the holidays to the trails beginning I'll have 5 weeks in which I will try and do as many Maths past papers/trial papers, write some english essays, do lots of japanese speaking (since the hsc speaking is the week when my trials are) and essays. And also some chemistry papers.

This holiday I'll finish making notes for the core modules for chemistry, and notes for english modules, japanese extension points and just practice maths

passion89

HSC

I have 2 weeks of holidays and my trials are mid term 3. I've written up nearly all of my notes and for the next few weeks I'm just gonna tie everything together and a few weeks before the actual trials I will start doing some practice papers.

Hopefully I'll be doing around 2 hours of EFFECTIVE study a day...so we'll see how it goes...

vg_woz_here

HSC

ahhh my trials are in week 3 next term..i dunno wat the exam timetable is..so yeh....

hoping to do most notes by term 3....and i dunno how much study i will do during the holz =P

ive got a bloody legal media file to do in the holz =|

bananasmoothy

SHAKEN not StIrReD
HSC

I've got 4 assessments this week, 2 weeks of holidays, 2 weeks of school in which I have a study day + 3 assessments (one of which is a major project) and then trials. Plus work on top of that.
I really don't see how I'm going to get 9.25 hours of sleep a night, as recommended. Mental doctors.

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC

i onlyt have two weeks of holiday s starting next week
this is wat needs to be done b 4 my trials in week 4 5 of next term

***lucky for me i have been writing up my study notes as i go along so i havent got many of that to do but all in all i must study

wat needs to be done by this week is my community irp major assesment done just needs typin ..... two drama essays and i think i have a english essay due too

in holidays i need to write 7 speeches [explaining why] one for english one for textiles and 5 for modern the modern ones are all only 2 min each so it should be ok
i also need to commltete my textiles gp dam f^&* gown that im makin NEVER MAKE A 12 LAYER CHIFFON,LACE , silk DRESS WITH DETAILING ALL BY HAND AND I REPEAT NEVER NEVER MAKE UR OWN PATTERN NEEEEVVVVEEEERRRR i also have to do my portfolio work hmpp then i also MUST DO MY DRAMA GP AND IRP DAMMMM COSTUME DESIGN ON BIG BULT THINGYS

and all that must go sleep and go shoppin

Tim035

HSC

I've got 12 chemistry trial papers, 12 biology trial papers, 10 pdhpe trial papers and unlimited amounts of maths trial papers I plan to get done in the holidays and also write out each of my english essays and story to atleast 4 different questions. I'm going for about 6 hours a day, maybe more if I feel really motivated. Atm I'm still at school doing 3 hours work a night and 1 hour in the morning before school so I think 6 hours in a whole day should be easily achievable.

vg_woz_here

HSC

i just wanna get the trials over and done with..it would be a huge hurdle...

arent the trials harder then the real hsc? coz the school sets it out??

well...good luck to everyone....

have fun in the Holidays ;)

Riviet

HSC
N/A

vg_woz_here said:
arent the trials harder then the real hsc? coz the school sets it out??
Well that's what we've been told by others. ;)

Different schools will sit different papers, some will do the independent and other trials, others will set their own like Sydney Grammar.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

Am I the only one who isn't planning huge five-hour study days every weekday, but is just hoping to sort of go through stuff and learn the bits I don't already know?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)