Study Groups? (1 Viewer)

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
I was wondering, does anyone out there organise or go to study group sessions??? I really wanna set one up for my maths class but have noooo idea where to start or how to organise a 2 hour (for eg) long session.

any ideas??

Thanks in advance

MM

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
School would be a good place to start. I dont knwo what you mean by "study groups" exactly...but for maths, sometimes, on a Friday, a group of us stays back and revises over stuff with the teacher. Don't know if that counts.

Maybe you could put an "ad" in the school paper?

Do you want more people than just the people in school? Perhaps, gather some people in school first and then, by word of mouth, their' frienda can join, so you dont have a completely awkward group of starngers together :p

MoNNiE

HSC
yes study sessions are excellent.. though.. the people you go with need to be motivated to study.. not go out and shop [ like i did!]
umm make a table of what your planning to study per session.. like how much time you are to dedicate to each topic..because then you would of at least covered everything that may occur with any exams or assessments, when you make up the table.. remember to leave extra time at the end so that you and your friends can go over any problem areas..
it's best if you do the topics in groups since, if one doesn't understand a particular part, but another does.. it makes life so much easier!

venues: usually library is a good place to start or someone's house away from any distractions and temptations!
timewise.: don't study straight for 3 hrs + your mind wonders, so take short interval breaks inbetween to stretch around, relax etc. :)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Hmm. Maybe I could set up an inter-school study group for maths. That would be good.

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
re:

So basically what I need to do is organise a group (my little circle of friends are more motivated and organised than I am, so that's not problem!) and divide up the cores we need to know, and each person studies and takes notes of their given core, to share with everyone else??? yes? no?

Plus, others can help others on stuff each other doesnt know or understands..

I was thinking the library - it's always good, quiet and heaps of large desks to spread everything out. I love our library.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
i dont know if maths study sessions realy work?

i know it wouldnt work for me- i need to work on my own and then seek help where i cant find a solution.

Plus 2 hours isnt that long- i take 2 hour maths classes where i go and sometimes you can get a fair bit of work done, but at other times not as much as you would think.

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
i had a bio study day at my place with 2 studious girls, one of them being my gf but we stayed focused and we knocked off the bio notes which was cool

rainonmay

floating around
HSC
does study groups work??
i kno i cant study with my friends thats for sure.... tried all we did was end up chatting

kochou

Study groups haven't worked for me as of yet =(
But for maths, I think just get in a bunch to the library and have trouble just ask one another.....bring lunch so you don't spend like 1 hour working then 2hours "eating" (like what happened to me for eco)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)