Study On Only One Stimulus Booklet Txt Sufficient ?? (1 Viewer)

hungynguyen

HSC
Hey up til now i have only concentrated on one text from the stumulus booklet (Wind in the Willows). Im just wondering if one text can satisfy the demands of the majority or all of the possible exam questions in Section III?

Tim035

HSC
I'm not going to sit on the fence and say yes one stimulus text will be sufficient as long as you can make a sustained argument on it.
The Stimulus booklet is designed by the board of studies so you will find the past HSC questions have a level of adaptability to all the stimulus texts and don't make one much more suited then another. Of course though some of the stimulus texts fit physical journey bettery whilst other imaginary and other inner journey.

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
tamorapierce13 said:
You need only refer to one text from the stimulus booklet, yes. Be aware that they can specify, or ask for more than one, but it is highly unlikely.
No, they can neither specify nor ask for more than one.

This is written on the stimulus booklet:

This booklet is a prescribed text. In the HSC examination
students may be asked to refer to at least one text that
they have selected from the stimulus booklet.

At least one text. So that means that they can not force you to do two texts and certainly cant force you to write about a specific one as the above says "a text that THEY have chosen"

Tim035

HSC
Whilst I swapped from journey to the interior to the town where time stands still after the trials(I could easily write about both if i had to), I think about 80% of the state would be screwed over and their would be a lot of tears if they asked for 2 stimulus texts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)