Study plans for the holidays? (1 Viewer)

Magical Kebab

HSC
burning out is a myth

I never got burnt out despite studying excessively (at times)

or maybe its an individual thing
dont speak too soon haha, i said that at the start of yr 11 and by the end of term 3, i was unmotivated as ****

jenslekman

HSC
You still have a whole HSC year ahead of you mate. Lol summer holiday study, watched all 276 episodes of dragon ball z with 64 of dragon ball GT and did a chapter of maths.
i am disappointed.

yasminee96

HSC
- Do bio second hands so i dont have to do them during the term !
- Finish reading Great Expectations
- Write 2/3 belonging stories
- Go through all i've done in this term...for half yearlies :eek:
- Go ahead a tad for dotpoints in chem and phys that i know will be difficult to grasp on to
- Go as far ahead as i can with MX2 :)
- mainly, RELAX

probably going to only study 4 days a week, and read every day, and chill all the other times :) it's holidays for a reason -_-

nifkeh

HSC
Read English texts & notes

do maths, need to catch up and master topics for next assessment
ancient history - finish notes
do dot point books lol

that's about it. 2 hours actually seems reasonable too, I reallly wished I worked for this assessment earlier lol :/

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad
why im disappointed that you watched the whole of GT? - because after 5-10 eps i couldn't stand it anymore ...
hahaha fuck i hated it so much, but i had to watch it all to see the build up to super saiyan 4. The Bopapa brothers nearly made me kill myself

jenslekman

HSC
hahaha fuck i hated it so much, but i had to watch it all to see the build up to super saiyan 4. The Bopapa brothers nearly made me kill myself
ssj4 was the biggest anticlimax. nah i actually watched up to until "baby" - then i started to slowly kill myself ...... but Bopapa brothers was probaby the lowest point of GT ahahaa.

Hila

HSC
I'm determined to finish my PIP for society as well as my English Ex2 story and be halfway through my history extension. I know they are meant to be a 'year's worth of work.' but I need them out of the way...

deviouswatch

HSC
Consolidate AOS notes for english, compile notes from T1 for every other subject, and start with some past questions. All in all I plan 2-3 hrs a day 3 days a week

feeo_o

HSC
- Make my notes for Biology, Modern History and Chemistry and read ahead.
- Make AOS notes for English
- Practice maths past papers.
Around 2-4 hours a day, 3-4 days a week. Hope this works.

HSC
Catchup on all my notes, Then maybe some half yearly past papers since mine are like in Week 4 or something? Also I need to actually find some good english texts to use and not use the ones I did for my english related text portfolio...... I guess just making sure I'm up to date and understanding the course content. Do a lot of driving to catchup on my Driving hours to get my P's on time!

Last edited:

Examine

same
HSC
- Catch up on Economics and Legal Studies notes
- Prepare 3 creative writing pieces and a prepared essay
- Revise over complex numbers and polynomials for MX2

2xL

HSC
Lol you guys are so funny, just wait. Look I'm not saying don't do any work, just calm down, it's a long ass year. I'd say 1 hour a day is MORE than enough. Relax kids. inb4 CBF studying for trials/hsc when it counts the most. How do i know? Cos i did this. I went hardout for half yearlies and trials, ended up hardly studying for the HSC.

Ricktatorship

HSC
- Make my notes for Biology, Modern History and Chemistry and read ahead.
- Make AOS notes for English
- Practice maths past papers.
Around 2-4 hours a day, 3-4 days a week. Hope this works.
Could you or anyone else please explain to me what you do when you say doing 'maths past papers'? I mean, most people haven't finished the hsc content, so are you just picking out questions from the hsc/trial papers that you have learn how to do? I should probably start on them too, but unsure where to begin.

starshine02

HSC
Could you or anyone else please explain to me what you do when you say doing 'maths past papers'? I mean, most people haven't finished the hsc content, so are you just picking out questions from the hsc/trial papers that you have learn how to do? I should probably start on them too, but unsure where to begin.
I guess after you finish learning a topic, you could do past questions that relate to it. Some past paper books have a page where they specify where all the questions in a certain topic are.

CaffeineMotor

HSC
For example the Excel Success One books contain all past HSC papers for a particular subject and have the questions all placed under each topic. So instead of searching for what you need it's all organised.

Aysce

HSC
Going to Japan on exchange for the first 3 weeks, will be doing about 2 hours a night over there. When I come back, 5 hours.

English - Solid creative and essays prepared for half yearlies & Read 'Pride and Prejudice' and 'Letters to Alice'
Legal - Note all pertinent textbook sections - Crime, Human Rights, Family, World Order
Modern - Complete WW1 source notes, past papers & Begin Germany
Japanese - Consolidate vocab., grammar and kanji
Drama - Cement IP, beginning rehearsal & Complete Australian Drama and Theatre notes
Hist. Ext. - Ideally, complete the whole project, a bit ambitious, I know. Otherwise, first 2 focus questions completed in depth & Notes on 'What is history?' refined
Jap. Ext. - Notes on 'Spirited Away' and relevant grammar completed.

I understand it seems ambitious, but so is my ATAR aim.
Nice list.

Leviathan96

HSC
Eng Adv: Consolidate this terms AOS crap.
Read all texts.

EX1: Consolidate Wuthering Heights crap.
Rape Coleridge/Keats poetry
Rape Supp text

Ex2: Finish first first of le major work

Modern: Consolidate WW1 crap
Read textbook for next term's topic/make shit notes

Legal: Consolidate Fam Law
Read through textbook for next topic/make shit notes

Hist Ext: Finish first draft of le major work

SOR: Consolidate everything I didn't learn this term (everything)

Ricktatorship

HSC
For example the Excel Success One books contain all past HSC papers for a particular subject and have the questions all placed under each topic. So instead of searching for what you need it's all organised.
I guess after you finish learning a topic, you could do past questions that relate to it. Some past paper books have a page where they specify where all the questions in a certain topic are.

Thanks for the clarification

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)