Study plans for the holidays? (1 Viewer)

Thief

!!
HSC
- Catch up on Modern notes
- English relateds
- Finish Chem notes for POM
- Math revision
- Do some of my ext history major work
- catch up on all my video games (whoo)

MK2308

HSC
-English: Read Frankenstein and watch Bladerunner
-Maths: Practice heaps of questions!!!!!!!!
-Chemistry: Finish syllabus notes on POM and work on Dotpoint Chem for POM
-Economics: Finish syllabus notes on Global Economy
-Ancient History: Finish syllabus notes on SPARTAAAAAA
Basically just revising everything in the first term.

AND GO OUT! woo!

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
- Catch up on Modern notes
- English relateds
- Finish Chem notes for POM
- Math revision
- Do some of my ext history major work
- catch up on all my video games (whoo)
Best plan in this whole thread.

HSC
How is everyone going to finish their extension history major project in the holidays WTF????
Doesn't the portfolio's have to be crazy thick, cause its resources collected over a year?

aceer

HSC
No study plans as of yet as I will be going to the USA for 5 weeks :)

CaffeineMotor

HSC
How is everyone going to finish their extension history major project in the holidays WTF????
Doesn't the portfolio's have to be crazy thick, cause its resources collected over a year?
Nope, it's perfectly reasonable to do the His Ext over the holidays. You don't need resources collected over a year, you need the resources you can find in the time and I'm sure you'll find plenty as you go. If it's taking you a year then wow. Plus maybe people do it different to your system. We just need a log book of everything we do/accomplish then hand in the written component which is built of sources. It really is not that hard to do in holidays and many who leave theirs too late can struggle as everything else gets in the way.

feeo_o

HSC
Could you or anyone else please explain to me what you do when you say doing 'maths past papers'? I mean, most people haven't finished the hsc content, so are you just picking out questions from the hsc/trial papers that you have learn how to do? I should probably start on them too, but unsure where to begin.
Well, my school has completed almost all the topics except the last one. Yeah, you just pick out the questions from the topics you have done. You can find them online or buy the Success One book.

Focus is Key

HSC
English Advanced: Finish AOS for Perscribed Text & Add any Necessary info to related text notes, write a couple of creatives for belonging to mould in an exam.
Maths Advanced: Write summaries for Integration and Geometry, past papers
Ext 1: Past papers, review old topics I'm weak at.
English Extension: I know I'm going to be reading one of my perscribed crime texts, finishing off a couple of related texts with annotation for Assignment, wide Crime Reading.
English Extenion 2: Finishing majority of short story for later editing (rough, but can be looked at in more detail later), do some research.
Ancient History: Review P&H, not much really. Perhaps start Egypt.
Legal: Catch up on my Legal Notes basically. Also the Assignment :/
CAFS: Make my CAFS Summaries up to date, past papers if time.

Yeah so much to do but good way to know where I'm headed.

DamTameNaken

HSC
Bump. I'm guessing lots of you guys are on holidays now so you should start putting those plans into action!!

deviouswatch

HSC
Must suck to be me then, I still have 6 school days to go, including just as many exams.

Bobbo1

HSC
Just remember guys this is your last real holidays so make sure to get some much needed R & R before the long road ahead next year. If anything I would suggest reading your English texts, start reading ahead in some of your textbooks and get ahead (even just a chapter or 2) in maths.

MATHmaster

HSC
N/A
English Adv - Write belonging (creative + essay) + Module A (essay)
Physics - Space + Motors and Generators (past papers)
MX1 - Revise topics done so far
MX2 - Revise topics done so far + Conic Sections
Modern History - Revise WW1 core study
HEXT - Finish major project

Should take me weeks to do but I can (hopefully) manage the time carefully...

deswa1

HSC
Protip-> when you study in these holidays, be efficient. A lot of people semi bludge, semi work and it takes them 6 hours to do 2 hour's worth of work. That's bad because you're not really learning but you're also not having fun at the same time. For me personally in these holidays, I probs did like 3 hours a day when I wasn't on holidays (about 1.5 weeks) but there was still sooo much time in the day to go out etc. (I was out like every day as well because I wake up at 7 naturally haha so I'm finished early). So, you can work and have fun at the same time. Don't stay home all day please.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Protip-> when you study in these holidays, be efficient. A lot of people semi bludge, semi work and it takes them 6 hours to do 2 hour's worth of work. That's bad because you're not really learning but you're also not having fun at the same time. For me personally in these holidays, I probs did like 3 hours a day when I wasn't on holidays (about 1.5 weeks) but there was still sooo much time in the day to go out etc. (I was out like every day as well because I wake up at 7 naturally haha so I'm finished early). So, you can work and have fun at the same time. Don't stay home all day please.
Worried about this, thanks for the tip man !

HSC
N/A
Reading all your English texts is a great thing to do in the holidays. It means that you won't have to stress as much during term time when you have other assessments happening, and by the time you read it for school, the second reading will mean it's acting like revision for you.

To those EE2 students who intend to complete most of their work over the holidays, I'd definitely encourage putting a lot of work into it while you have the time, but remember that it's a long process and sometimes ideas need time to be sorted through. Essentially, don't push it too hard because trying to finish quickly may not be the best thing for the process and your eventual marks.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Don't know if i have actually written what i plan to do or not in this thread :L

English: Read all my texts and do my creative
Maths: Might do some past papers, not sure yet
Economics: Complete all my notes for the Global economy and Australia's place in the global economy, and do heaps of past paper short answers !
Business studies: Finish all my notes for operations and self learn all of Finance with notes, for some reason my school is learning finance before marketing
CAFS (lol): Actually start and finish all my notes for research methodologies, go ahead with notes for current topic and complete my IRP due next term
SOR (lol): Same as CAFS, start and finish notes for the Aboriginal topic :L

Apart from this, i'll try and actually know all my content instead of just having notes done, in preparation for my half yearlies which are week 10 next term, will save a lot of stress a few weeks before them.

This is what i have PLANNED, in all honesty i'm not sure if i will complete it all. How much study per day would be recommended whilst also relaxing during these days?

Eg155

HSC
Well, first of all START my notes for every subject. I'm so lazy, gawsh.
Specifically:
1. English adv- read all texts. Revisit the dreaded 'b' word and refine essays for this. Start main notes on Hamlet. Work on creative.
2. Ext 1 eng- Read wuthering heights, write notes rah rah rah. Creative piece.
3. Ext 2- try and finish the entire thing, or at least half done.
4. Modern- do notes on Russia and Trotsky. Go through WW1.
5. Hist ext. Write notes under syllabus dot points (lol). Research topic for major.
6. Bio- past paper questions, finish next module. Ahead is best.
7. Chem- calculations, calculations.... past paper questions, practs hm.
8. Visual arts- draw better designs for major. Essays, section 1 practice yeah.

Fun times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)