Study Timetables? (1 Viewer)

UnAustralian

HSC
How many people actually have a study timetable?

My teachers are always going on about how we should already have one by now, and I can't make one. Could someone help me?

These are my subjects:

*english advanced
*general maths
*society & culture
*biology
*ancient history
*studies of religion I (compulsory at the school I go to)

And I don't have a job (I quit so more time on school)/ other commitments. Maybe to have Friday night/Saturday off would be nice.

Thanks.

Or if you can't be bothered making one for me, could you post yours one here so I have an example of one?

shuning

HSC
回复: Study Timetables?

this is mine in the hoildays

1st wk phys
2nd wk eco

weekends: ext 2 math

no english this hoildays cuz im too behind in eco and phys... and have to study 4u math or im fucked!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I don't have a timetable. But what I do do is write a list of what I need to do, ie, I have a list of about 10 things I need to do by the time holidays finish, and I'm doing ok, so....

Niek

HSC
I made one, but didn't end up sticking to it...:mad1:
So instead I just made a list of all the topics in all my subjects
and wrote down when i wanted each subject finished
and now I'm working towards that :)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm not a person that sticks to them... I draw motivation and interest from when I just do it. If I decide to procrastinate it once, I'll find getting back into it harder. If you like timetables and a strict set out then I'd go with a timetable; but if you're more like me and have trouble sticking to things very strictly and like to finish up before moving on to the next thing (such as feeling as though you've studied things evenly... not like remembered everything in one subject and tipped out the rest) then find some motivation.

DannyBackwards

and the big blue house will be waiting for you to
HSC
How many people actually have a study timetable?

My teachers are always going on about how we should already have one by now, and I can't make one. Could someone help me?

These are my subjects:

*english advanced
*general maths
*society & culture
*biology
*ancient history
*studies of religion I (compulsory at the school I go to)

And I don't have a job (I quit so more time on school)/ other commitments. Maybe to have Friday night/Saturday off would be nice.

Thanks.

Or if you can't be bothered making one for me, could you post yours one here so I have an example of one?

you could make an 'autopilot schedule'.

so for example, you list the things that you have to do on a weekly basis, eg:doing dot point notes. and then fix it into a particular time slot.

then you do a 'specific action time schedule' in which you set out specific times during those sessions you have in your autopilot schedule.

the whoel purpose of this, is that your doing a little, but being consistant, so it doesnt seem you are doin so much, and the more specific each study session is, the less likely you are to procrastinate...

so for example ( i dont noe how you study or when your best 'focus-study' time is, so its all hypothetical)

autopilot schedule
monday-

morning: maths (30 minute session)

afternoon: biology (45 minute session)

tuesday-

morning: ancient history readings/gathering sources (45 minute session)

maths (30 minutes session)

afternoon: society and culture readings/ gathering sources(45 minute session)

evening:ancient history (45 minute session)

wednesday:

Morning: studies of religion (45 minute session)
: maths (30 minute session)

afternoon: english readings and gathering related texts (45 minute session)

evening: english (45 minute session)

ill stop there, but you can notice this is pretty general, caz its a timetable that doesnt really mention what you are doing... that where you move into the::::

specific action time shedule
you can do this at the begining of each week, (sunday morning) but basically its when you put specific tasks into ur autopilot

monday-

morning: maths (30 minute session)

construct palm cards with important formulas, theory and 'how to' processes from chapter 1-4

afternoon: biology (45 minute session)

spend 30 minutes answering dot points from topic one part 1. spend 15 minutes recording those answers onto your ipod, so you can listen on the way to school.

Tuesday

morning: ancient history readings/gathering sources (45 minute session)

skim through sheets teacher gave to us on topic 1, and paraphrase.

maths (30 minutes session)

answer 2009 paper question 3 and 4

afternoon: society and culture readings/ gathering sources(45 minute session)

go onto the site the teacher recommended, note down important information gathered for chapter 3

evening:ancient history (45 minute session)

plan out an answer for the hsc 2009 question 4 in 30 monutes without looking into textbook. then spend 15 minutes going through notes and note information that would be important to your essay

okay ill stop there lol
i ddint do ancient, bio or society for my hsc so im not too sure if thats what you people do lol but as you noticed, maths is everyday, i find the only way to do well in maths is to have consistant, yet varying practise.

also there are only 45 minute study sessions, i find this time reasonable considering 30 minutes is too short and an hour is too long lol although if you can go 2 hours straight ass focus, then go for it son!! lol but yes DO TAKE A DAY OFF AT LEAST!! that goes to all of you

but yeh i dunno if it helps in anyway,
i say you focus on your study habits more so than setting up a timetable, i find how you study more important than how long you study.

i'll be glad to give you any more info if your interested, but to all of you, good luck with your trials =D you'd be surprise that most of you are doing really well=D so relaxxx =D:):):)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)