study tips or anything helpful (1 Viewer)

lolhsc

HSC
hi yall im kind of nervous/stressed about yr 11
i was looking for some tips or some sort of helpful suggestion on what i can do to stay focused, achieve good marks, time management, organise and all that great stuff haha
should i be studying for yr 11 these holidays? is there anything i can do to prepare for yr 11? any websites/apps/books that anyone considers their holy grail?
btw my prelim subjects are
adv english
ext 1 english
mathematics
economics
ancient history
biology
chemistry

Kolmias

HSC
1. Practice essay writing.
2. For Mathematics, try and find out what you will be doing in the upcoming year and learn how to do it in advance.
3. For economics, read news websites such the Economist, the BBC Economy section (http://www.bbc.com/news/business/economy), and the news websites of the daily newspapers (such as the Sydney Morning Herald, the Australian Financial Review and the Australian). Once again, find out what out what you will be learning this year and try and learn in advance.
4. Try and read some literature.
5. For biology and chemistry, learn the stuff in advance.

Hope I helped. Please note: I have not done the HSC or am I am not going to do it for a while.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
1. Practice essay writing.
2. For Mathematics, try and find out what you will be doing in the upcoming year and learn how to do it in advance.
3. For economics, read news websites such the Economist, the BBC Economy section (http://www.bbc.com/news/business/economy), and the news websites of the daily newspapers (such as the Sydney Morning Herald, the Australian Financial Review and the Australian). Once again, find out what out what you will be learning this year and try and learn in advance.
4. Try and read some literature.
5. For biology and chemistry, learn the stuff in advance.

Hope I helped. Please note: I have not done the HSC or am I am not going to do it for a while.
But please note his advise is still valid :)

shona99

HSC
hi yall im kind of nervous/stressed about yr 11
i was looking for some tips or some sort of helpful suggestion on what i can do to stay focused, achieve good marks, time management, organise and all that great stuff haha
should i be studying for yr 11 these holidays? is there anything i can do to prepare for yr 11? any websites/apps/books that anyone considers their holy grail?
btw my prelim subjects are
adv english
ext 1 english
mathematics
economics
ancient history
biology
chemistry
I know its way late now, but if you did some reading over the holidays it would've given you a head start. Downloading syllabi and seeing what you were about to learn about I'm sure would've been somewhat helpful. I did most of your subjects but especially for economics, don't fall behind. There is a lot to get through (six topics) but most of it is not that hard to understand.

For adv english, try to do a lot of your own work and put in your own time and effort into researching, writing up essays and always working on that creative piece (you can develop it over a period of time).

For 2u, the prelim course was not as demanding for me (i guess we went really slowly lol) but again keep on top of your work and try to get ahead for chem i.e. read up on what your teacher might be explaining the next lesson, trust me its nice to understand what the teacher is talking about in class haha.

I probably already mentioned it, but seriously keep on top of your work and try to revise and get ahead in your spare time. Best of luck for the prelim year!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)