Studying for HSC Economics (1 Viewer)

noddy

The days Ross Gittins writes in the smh is usually saturdays in the business and money section and mondays in the business section usually a page into the section

Matthew_152

Ross Gittins' articles are also useful to provide quotes to support arguments made in your essays. Teachers like to see that students can gain an understanding of a Proffessional's ideas whilst being able to relate these to their own work.

aditya

HSC
bloody sydney girls :mad:... hehe jkz

hey wat are u coming in ur grade :$

top 5 yeh *scared*???

hehe newaiz

im impressed with ur advice.. thnx for it (Y)

(and yes, wat would we do without gittens...)

jay9nine

lonley plz msg me
my teacher goes on about giddins quite a bit, she also told us that he usually guesses the extended response question topic on the hsc as well, and thats what writes his last article before the exam on!

i dont no how true it is but hey i cant possibly go worse than i am now so im taking everthing i can get.

i dont no if im to bothered to get his articles and sort them all out, seems like a lot of time i dont have....

if your like me try find a partner half the work but the same marks ...

...im not a complete idiot!...some parts are missing, excuse me, ive gone to look for myself...if i should return before i get bak please ask me to wait!!

demorte

HSC
N/A
advice line?

Originally posted by santaslayer
advice line is always good...i just got a few of my eco friends to ring up and i took their stats......lol
what is this advice line that you speak of?

i-color

yeah advice line IS good...but i had a good eco teacher so I didn't have to ring the advice line for eco. I called for maths....and I got my teacher. Which I didn't mind...hahaha.

yeah, I think to study for eco it really isn't enough to read the textbook. You actually got to thin about it logically and link all the topics together to get a full big picture of things. Like, I related all the economic policies in topic 4 to all the eco issues in topic 3 and I also related globalisation and stuff to this......and everything just relates to everything. It's so interesting!!! I love eco...hahaha.

And one tip for eco essays...chuck in a few good stats here and there...and use theories and laws to explain what you're trying to say (eg twins deficit argument, phillips curve etc). Just know twhat they're about and know how to apply them in your essay...you don't need to explain it all in detail. The marker knows what the theory is about......

yeah I just did lots of practice short answers and essays and got my teacher to mark them before HSC...i guess it worked well. :D

aditya

HSC
yuck... 98 in economics.. thats mad :eek:

give us some more tips :D

like on essay writing especially... ( do u have neat handwriting)

C

CaR

arghh...98...
i'd be glad i got 89 @.@

hrmm...i thought the exams are written by the end of april...

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
if i got 89, i'd kill myself..like dammit, just one mark off a band 6! but im more likely to land around 79 :(

i-color

yeah pplz if you want tutoring PM me....i live down south areas...hurstville/bankstown...currently only have ONE student who i'm definite about tutoring....everyone else lives up north which i have no way of getting to :D

i-color

hmmm some more tips for studying for eco....as it was said before by others...learn some stats and recent trends for the exams. Markers like that....eg chuck in a few stats about current eco growth etc....and relate current events to your policies and stuff. eg current monetary and fiscal policy stance if you're talking about those.

and remmeber to follow the syllabus VERY CLOSELY....mm...try to read between the lines with essay questions. Like if they ask stuff about protectionist policies, then you MUST mention globalisation etc, even if the questions doesn't specifiy that you should refer to globalisation....and i guess really do lots of practice and get your teacher to mark them. I found that really helpful...and my teacher was really nice to me so it all worked out well :D

i-color

when you actually get the hang of them they're not so bad....you should only try to do them when you've actually learnt your work..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)