studying for IT (1 Viewer)

HSC
i would be happy with anything over 90, but i need to basically get 15/15 MC, 33/35 SII and 28/30 SIII to get 95% :(

speed2

HSC
Casmira said:
i would be happy with anything over 90, but i need to basically get 15/15 MC, 33/35 SII and 28/30 SIII to get 95% :(
is that even possible? i mean to get 95raw? has it been done before?

HSC
bryce got it but then again he got first in the state ... he only did HSC past papers nothing crazy like independent/cssa D:

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
he does on is own business in IT so that helped him enormously

HSC
i thought he started it after the HSC? thats wierd, guy at my school who got band 6 also owned a computer shop haha

Shael

HSC
I'd be happy with high band 5. I got 85% in my trial. I got 13/15 and 12/15 for my extended responses, not too bad.. just didnt refer back to a couple things. They were good questions though.. I hope this 2005 paper doesnt have shitty ones dealing with IT management and crap.

d_griffo

HSC
larard settle down dont stress. if you stress your more likely to go bad cause u dont have confidence in yourself.
As you said they focus on a few main things. Like mail mergering

the thing you should be worried about is the extended response. As they do not relate to anything generally in the short answer and Multichoice. While multichoice asks you SQL, databasing and spreadsheet, and word. and can kinda help in short answer.

Just remember you can only do so much. Its not worth stressing about. if your going to uni there is other ways of getting in, and IT is a cat B subject.

So chill and take the time and think, If you dont no it now u probably wont remember it tomorrow.

Peace out everyone cyas on the sunny side when this Test is OVER

larard

HSC
Argh!

i am so scared about i.t. there is so much stuff we have to know and i haven't had much of a teacher since yr 11 (i have my cert 2 in i.t just haven't done the hsc for it) :-( i don't think i know enouigh, every past exam seems to be heavily focused on one or two things :( wots this year going to be STRESSIGN!?!?!?!?!

Chocobo687

HSC
I got 89 in my trial too. So really badly want 90 tomorrow though. I have never studied for IT, but this arvo i went over some long response Q's from the past. Its just getting everything down on paper now.

scorpio7_dan

HSC
omg im so worried about IT.. i got like 89 percent in my trials.. but i dunno i kinda wana get over 90 in this.. and like i dunno the questions are totally diff every year that you dont kno wat to eexpect... ive done all the past HSCs and the 2003 paper was BY FAR the hardest for me.. did ne1 else find that one hard also? my multiple choice average is 14 / 15 so im fine with that.. but i dunno bout the extended responses though aye... :(

m_khalid

HSC
yeah i got exactly 90 in my trials...but since then i have lost confidence and focused on other subjects...i find the past papers are different every year so u cant really predict what will be in it. im just gona study what i can and hope for the best

HSC
I seriously find the 2003/2004 paper a joke and I mean by ease, the extended responses answer like popped up in my head almost mapped out, contrary to independent and 2002 paper where I had to dot point out (ie. plan) my answer prior writing it

did they make it easier?

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
why 2004 was heaps easy cause it was all comprehension any one could of done it, but I feel sorry for the peps who studied hard out for 2004......... and also there were in report format easiest to do :cool:

Chocobo687

HSC
I was looking at them today.
2004 was a joke. I wish we get something like that, the average should be higher, but I will be 100% confident I know the stuff.

The 2002 was hard from what I looked at. I didn't do it, but the theory behind it was more difficult. Going on memory I think there was 2 harder Q's in the 2k3 one aswell. Not 100% sure on that one though.

From what i have seen, IT is so unpredictable its crazy. I spose we just wait to see what we are dished up tomorrow! Unfortunately, after we are already going through English! Think my hands gonna be shot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)