Studying For Yr 11 (1 Viewer)

Daniel_95

HSC
N/A
Hey everyone,

Finished sc and i am on holidays for a while, i want to get a head start for next yr. What topics does everyone recommend to study? i haven't got a textbook but i do have the silibus. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Daniel

deswa1

HSC
Honestly, just enjoy your holidays. Year 11 economics isn't hard, just pay attention in class and you'll get it. If you really want to do something though just read some newspapers/magazines like The Economist or the Herald to get an understanding of how everything fits together and you'll find that you'll pick up everything really easy.

MaxRigby

HSC
Hey,

I don't want to sound like one of those idealists, but I think most of the prelim course is pretty useful when it comes to understanding economics. I had to relearn bits of it essentially in year 12 because I got a really good teacher in year 12 who made me realise that I hadn't particularly mastered it.

That said, the single part that comes up again and again and again and you really really need to get a hold of in the prelim course is the graphs. The demand/supply curves. Other graphs not as important, but the demand/supply curves are so vital. I'm talking about things like learning the difference between 'increase in demand' and 'increase in quantity demanded'. There's a bit of a specific terminology regarding the graphs that matters a lot. Something that might throw you is quantity is on the horizontal axis, not the vertical axis like it is in Science.

Good luck! Eco is the best subject imho! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)