Studying (1 Viewer)

omigodwhenover

gotta love the HSC...
HSC
when you study do you record the exact time you stop and start so you can know EXACTLY how long do you studied, or do you go meh that was about an hour and just estimate. Also how long on average do you study and realistically what UAI do you hope to achieve with this effort?

HSC
N/A
*reverts back to HSC self*

No, I don't record myself. I tend to set a goal - eg "I'm going to learn about this text, or this chapter" and spend however long it takes to understand that bit.

I VERY rarely studied during my HSC, save cramming leading up to exams. Was expecting a UAI in the high 80s or low 90s, however leading up to exams was expecting high 70s or low 80s. Shouldn't have worried, I got 92.95 lol...

I'm aware I could have got somewhere between 94-96 if I'd worked harder/"at all" during my HSC, but in all honestly I just wasn't interested in driving myself nuts (I HATE rote-learning with a passion) to get those few extra marks, and figured that I wanted to work at a pace which I knew I could keep up right into uni - and theoretically, achieve a UAI that was in line with the uni degree workload blah blah blah :)

Everything worked out just fine.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
omigodwhenover said:
when you study do you record the exact time you stop and start so you can know EXACTLY how long do you studied, or do you go meh that was about an hour and just estimate. Also how long on average do you study and realistically what UAI do you hope to achieve with this effort?
my study is currently non-existant :(

as glitterfairy said - last minute cramming is the way to go! :p

taki999

HSC
haha...i found out from my crappy results... that you can only cram studying in certain subjects. For me it's english and history.

H

housemouse

I just study when i feel pressure of failing which was 2 weeks before the half yearlies.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
i can't study when im hyped .. which is right now :(

and im not studying 2morrow: party. lol

s2indie

HSC
housemouse said:
I just study when i feel pressure of failing which was 2 weeks before the half yearlies.
Same. But for me was about a week before. I'm slowly ridding myself of this bad habit and I'm TRYING to study.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)