Stupid police bastards kill four people in high speed chase. (1 Viewer)

Ritard_

Banned
HSC
wait wait

if you had read the thread

you would realise that we support police chases in situations where the criminal will otherwise put the public in danger

ie

murders trying to escape
abductions
etc

but chasing for a stolen car is retarded

Bananaberry

HSC
p platers panicking and putting other road users at risk

:confused:

what is your point
As I said, isent this the same scenario as the guy who stole the car. He steals a car, cops try and pull him over and he panics so he runs.
Its natural for people to panic when they see the cops, some people (like P platers) do stupid stuff that put other road users at risk. Thus, why not remove police from the roads altogether.

Bananaberry

HSC
wait wait

if you had read the thread

you would realise that we support police chases in situations where the criminal will otherwise put the public in danger

ie

murders trying to escape
abductions
etc

but chasing for a stolen car is retarded
But as I said, can you only assume that they are stealing just a car?

Ritard_

Banned
HSC
i have never seen a p plater do anything to put other road users at risk when they spot a police car

are you suggesting that they usually start trying to evade police at high speed?

if anything they become more safe, driver more slowly and carefully and are more aware of their surroundings (ima p plater)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
we should definately assume that every person commiting a traffic offence is a serial killer then
We should assume everyone driving a car has kidnapped hostages in the boot. The more carefully someone drives, the more likely it is they have something to hide and are trying to fly under the radar.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I see stupid P platers panic all the time and do stupid things that put other road users at risk, when a copper drives past them or they see an RBT.
When was the last time this happened and caused someone to kill four people?

Bananaberry

HSC
Who said anything about serial killers?

I have seen P Platers do stupid things due to panic after seeing police. I drive on the F3 everyday. Try being behind a P plater in peak hour traffic and they see a copper ahead who has already pulled someone over and watch them slam their brakes on to the suprise of every car behind them.
No, they dont lead to a high speed chase, but I'm just making my point that people panic due to cops, so why not remove them from the roads altogether and see what good that does.

Good on you for being a responsible driver, but its definelty not the case for all P platers. But I'm not going to go into it.

Ritard_

Banned
HSC
i get nervous whenever i see an RBT or highway patrol car as i know:

- i am targetted because i am a p plater
- i have less points than other road users and harsher penalties so i have to be more careful
- i am a young male, cops love getting us for anything, they routinely pull apart our cars and search them and very harshly do a defect inspection.

it doesnt mean i somehow become the equivalent of a person evading police in a high speed pursuit :/

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC
we should definately assume that every person commiting a traffic offence is a serial killer then
yes well think about it

if they are committing a traffic offence they lack judgement and common sense

therefore what is to stop them going on a murderous rampage killing 45 people

nothing that's what

Bananaberry

HSC
When was the last time this happened and caused someone to kill four people?
Peopel die on the roads everyday due to others terrible driving. People are just making a big deal about this becuase the police where involved, there were no suvivors and they need someone to blame.

Ritard_

Banned
HSC
Who said anything about serial killers?

I have seen P Platers do stupid things due to panic after seeing police. I drive on the F3 everyday. Try being behind a P plater in peak hour traffic and they see a copper ahead who has already pulled someone over and watch them slam their brakes on to the suprise of every car behind them.
No, they dont lead to a high speed chase, but I'm just making my point that people panic due to cops, so why not remove them from the roads altogether and see what good that does.

Good on you for being a responsible driver, but its definelty not the case for all P platers. But I'm not going to go into it.
why are you trying to shift the focus of this discussion onto p platers :/

so what if they hit the brakes? if every other driver is

- paying attention
- keeping the recommended 3 second gap

then there should never be an accident caused by hitting the brakes :/

Bananaberry

HSC
i get nervous whenever i see an RBT or highway patrol car as i know:

- i am targetted because i am a p plater
- i have less points than other road users and harsher penalties so i have to be more careful
- i am a young male, cops love getting us for anything, they routinely pull apart our cars and search them and very harshly do a defect inspection.

it doesnt mean i somehow become the equivalent of a person evading police in a high speed pursuit :/
You are an individual that seems to have common sense and a good sense of responsibility when driving. Its a shame there are not more P platers like you. But as I said, your an individual and we cant think that other P plate drivers are like this.

Bananaberry

HSC
why are you trying to shift the focus of this discussion onto p platers :/

so what if they hit the brakes? if every other driver is

- paying attention
- keeping the recommended 3 second gap

then there should never be an accident caused by hitting the brakes :/
key words - peak hour traffic
Have you ever seen a jam at peak hour where cars are 3 seconds apart?

I'm not shifting the discussion, I tried to make an example of a situation where panic is present, its not my fault that P platers panic

Ritard_

Banned
HSC
Peopel die on the roads everyday due to others terrible driving. People are just making a big deal about this becuase the police where involved, there were no suvivors and they need someone to blame.
no people are making a big deal out of this because

- police chases are ineffective
- police chases cause people to drive more dangerously
- 1 in 10 police chases ends in a crash
- criminals evade police more than 50% of the time
- recovery of a stolen car/capture of a car theif is not worth the increased risk to the public that a police chase attracts

how can you not understand this

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC
key words - peak hour traffic
Have you ever seen a jam at peak hour where cars are 3 seconds apart?

I'm not shifting the discussion, I tried to make an example of a situation where panic is present, its not my fault that P platers panic
yes

most traffic jams

have you ever seen a jam at peak hour where speeding p platers need to jam on the brakes

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
People don't die from the ~sight~ of a police car, comparing p-platers reactions to this, to a situation where the police pursued and caused a reaction resulting in the death of four people, is ridiculous, the situations are not at all comparable in impact.

Yes, well where an accident is caused by careless drivers, this is bad, and there are penalities currently in place.

Where accidents are caused by police following protocol, their protocol should be reviewed.

Bananaberry

HSC
-ineffective in some cases. My parents business has been broken into a couple of times which resulted in the police chasing the vehicle. No crash and criminals were caught
-people drive dangerously regardless
-More crashes occur when police are not involved
-your last point brings be back to the fact that the car might not be the only item of value in the chase.

I understand you perfectly, I just disagree with some things. All good though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)