Hi there,
In need of some advice and suggestions in my senior subjects
Currently looking at -

Advanced English
Mathematics
Maths MX1
- Will it consume most of my workload?
Biology - It's okay right?
Legal Studies - I'm interested in learning the rights, laws and all that kind of stuff.
Business Studies
Industrial Technology
- Have been doing great in the past years thus the choice - Though I've heard the scaling isn't all that great

Now there are a few more subjects that ive been debating as to whether i should switch some of my choices for them or not, these are

Physics - Is it as heavily mathematically based as its made out to be?
Economics - Scaling Benefits?
Ancient History - Heavy Content?
Chemistry - Scaling Benefits?

ATAR goal would be 90+

Are the subjects in bold and underline okay in terms of scaling, especially Business & Legal?
I have been performing moderately well in Mathematics during junior years, would it be wise to pick up MX1 to see how i go?
To those who have done the Social Sciences I've mentioned, how are they, was it enjoyable?

Last edited:

enoilgam

HSC
You have asked quite a few questions in the post so I will try and address them all individually

MX1 workload: It varys depending on the person, but in general the workload is pretty high.

Biology: Didnt do it so I cant really comment

Industrial tech scaling: Scaling is below average, although you say you are great at it so I would still do it. One bad scaler shouldnt hurt you that much (unless you do poorly in it), especially considering your aim is 90. For an ATAR of 90, I would say 90+ is needed in industrial technology.

Physics: Havent done it, but from what I have heard, the maths isnt too intense.

Ancient content: Going from my experience with modern, the content is high, but there is only a small segment of it which you need to know in great depth.

Scaling overall: Not bad, but not great either. It shouldnt be an issue given your aims.

MX1: Its always good to give things a try - remember, if you regret picking it you can drop it. If you regret NOT picking it, you wont be able to pick it up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)