HSC
So my 6 subjects for year 11 are:

Standard English
Mathematics
Business Studies
Biology
Economics
Hospitality

And I'm doing real bad in Biology.. But Idk if I should keep Hospo.. Cos I heard it was bad for your ATAR. But my teacher says I'm doing really well in it!!!!
What shall I drop? I literally try and understand bio.. but it's sooo all over the place. If someone asked me something about Biology.. I probably wouldn't even know what they were on about.
I got 49% for my Half Yearly exams for bio...
Sigh.. what shall I do? Any suggestions on what to drop? Should I keep trying harder in bio next year or.. just drop it and keep hospo. Save the stress for the rest of my subjects?
Which one is good for ATAR?

lil_pembo

HSC
bio is better for ATAR, but you wont study it if you dont enjoy it. Why dont you just start all the courses cause the bio yr 12 is way better than 11 IMO.

jnney

lemon
HSC
Drop Biology. It's not going to help you attain a 'good' atar by failing it anyway.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Drop Biology. I would think that a 70+ mark in Hospitality would be better than a 49 in Biology (don't quote me though :p)

lavagirl

HSC
Hmmm..
What if I study my heart out next year? (Which I doubt) for bio..
Nah Idk. I'm soooo scared. Like, is it still possible for me to get an 85+ for my ATAR if I do drop bio?
How will I benefit from it? Give me pros and cons!!!! :( I'm so scared

enoilgam

HSC
Hmmm..
What if I study my heart out next year? (Which I doubt) for bio..
Nah Idk. I'm soooo scared. Like, is it still possible for me to get an 85+ for my ATAR if I do drop bio?
How will I benefit from it? Give me pros and cons!!!! :( I'm so scared
If your not very good in biology and much better at hospitality, then your better off keeping hospo. Getting for example a 65 in bio isnt going to scale as much as say an 80 in hospitality.

jnney

lemon
HSC
You know if you do well in hospitality you won't be scaled down.

ej114

HSC
How about you keep them both for awhike (eg. A term) to see if you will understand bio any better next year then drop one if

lavagirl

HSC
Hmm I forgot to mention another thing. My 2u math is going down. I was doing alright in the first semester but now it's so hard idobt understand anything. My prelims for math is tomorrow. Should I drop math instead? Or go down to general. I'm having doubts of getting a 90 ATAR now. Am I even capable of that? I'm willing to try and everything but seems like I'm just so bad at everything now ==

Can I still attain a 90 ATAR with:
English standard
General math
Business studies
Biology
Economics
Hospitality

Idk if I should drop hospo or bio still. Or even maths overall. Anyone want to recommend anything for me?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Hmm I forgot to mention another thing. My 2u math is going down. I was doing alright in the first semester but now it's so hard idobt understand anything. My prelims for math is tomorrow. Should I drop math instead? Or go down to general. I'm having doubts of getting a 90 ATAR now. Am I even capable of that? I'm willing to try and everything but seems like I'm just so bad at everything now ==

Can I still attain a 90 ATAR with:
English standard
General math
Business studies
Biology
Economics
Hospitality

Idk if I should drop hospo or bio still. Or even maths overall. Anyone want to recommend anything for me?
Yes, you can get 99.95 ATAR with that.

If you suck at biology, then drop it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)