Subway - eat fresh! (1 Viewer)

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
Last time I had subway it was at Sydney near the town hall. Lol, tasted alright, I just cbf to figure out if my sub has X amount of fillings less than what I would have gotten if I went to *insert a different subway store here*.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
The salad was limp and wilted last time I had Subway.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
ObjectsInSpace said:
The salad was limp and wilted last time I had Subway.
Please report the store location responsible for this outrage.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
ari89 said:
rosehill was great today

Castle hill is stingy

edit: castle towers not industrial
Also,

St.Leonards is good

Lane Cove sucks

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
vulgarfraction said:
Really? Shouldn't chains be the same?
Chicken fillet foot long -

Castle Hill: $9.75
Rosehill: $8.75

CieL

HSC
wow... $10 for a loaf of bread with cheap filling...

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
CieL said:
wow... $10 for a loaf of bread with cheap filling...
Yeah...I don't really see how they can justify their prices at almost $10.

CieL

HSC
I remember when the WellBeing at Hornsby opened back errrrrr 3-4yrs ago, I used to go there everyday n buy a kids meal... cos you get a sandwich made from fresh bread [the round logs you slice sideways], loaded with tender chicken [so much usually it drops out when you bite it]... then you get a small smoothie of your choice... and I think there was something else, for $4.95!

That used to be so godly when you're a cheapass HS student.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
MuffinMan said:
I've always thought they were the same price lol, maybe I'm not paying enough attention.
or I'm just cheap:p

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Subway's are franchised, n00bs! The franchisor does not set prices.
Prices are decided upon by the franchisee (ie the owner) of a particular business.
The differing in prices accounts for different costs, different employees, different area's, etc.

On other news, I had subway for dinner.

S M i L E

HSC
ari89 said:
Is subway actually fresh?
Just because they put together all the ingredients in front of you...how do we know that the lettuce hasn't been in a bag for a few months
I work at subway... I hate morning shifts because we have to slice all the vegies. Yup the vegies are fresh. They come whole (except the lettuce n carrot) and we slice them. If we are on night shift I end up cleaning tomato seeds off everywhere :( and if we run out of sliced vegies we have to run out the back n slice more.

We start all our baking and prep in the morning, after the night staff do a mini stock take and leave a prep list for us. We exercise quality contol all day, so we know its fresh. I eat subway, and I really like it :D (Yay for staff discounts!)

Odette1990

HSC
ari89 said:
Is subway actually fresh?
Just because they put together all the ingredients in front of you...how do we know that the lettuce hasn't been in a bag for a few months
Well im not sure about all subways but the one my uncle owns is quite fresh,the ingredients are normally in the fridge for no more than a week, then they order new ingredients.

S M i L E

HSC
Subway has very very strict guidelines on how long the foods can be kept. Vegies can be in the fridge for a week (as long as they are whole). When they are prepped (sliced) you must time and date them and they can be kept in the fridge for no longer than 48hrs.

Its much the same for the meats, which are prepped frozen, and defrosted as requied after a stocktake each night.

When they get inspected (always by surprise) if a product is found in the fridge more than 24 hrs out of date the store is reprimanded by Subway head office. All stores have to send a sales and order report to head office each week to make sure all are fitting requirements :D

justCARLA

HSC
S M i L E said:
Subway has very very strict guidelines on how long the foods can be kept. Vegies can be in the fridge for a week (as long as they are whole). When they are prepped (sliced) you must time and date them and they can be kept in the fridge for no longer than 48hrs.

Its much the same for the meats, which are prepped frozen, and defrosted as requied after a stocktake each night.

When they get inspected (always by surprise) if a product is found in the fridge more than 24 hrs out of date the store is reprimanded by Subway head office. All stores have to send a sales and order report to head office each week to make sure all are fitting requirements :D

It's the same with hungry jacks, when i use to work there... there are heaps of special rules and stuff. however the so called "strict" guidelines were hardly ever followed. if a customer was to order an item from the menu at a reasonably quiet time of the day, it is likely that the meat etc had been sitting in the heat chutes for a rather long time... the different stores have to record what food is wasted and get in trouble if it's heaps so they just keep it for longer than allowed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)