Successful prelim textbooks (1 Viewer)

3Lachlan2

HSC
I'm after good textbooks/study guides for the 3 following subjects:

1. Biology eg. In Focus (anyone selling?)

2. Geography (any ideas?)

3. Society and Culture (as updated as possible please)

Feel Free to suggest or comment in relation to the above. Thankyou.

muzeikchun852

HSC
i only know about biology since i have friends doing it. they are using biology in focus and they thinks the content is fine. u could go to a bookshop and flip through it see whether it suits u. :uhhuh::uhhuh:

mioumiou

HSC
I'm after good textbooks/study guides for the 3 following subjects:

1. Biology eg. In Focus (anyone selling?)

2. Geography (any ideas?)

3. Society and Culture (as updated as possible please)

Feel Free to suggest or comment in relation to the above. Thankyou.
For the Biology study guide, the Dot Point series are quite good IMO.
For Biology textbooks, I heard that Biology in Focus is very good! (I wish we can use that book) and I've got Jacaranda textbook for Preliminary Biology. But in my opinion, do buy Dot Point, there's no point buying LOADS of textbooks with only 2 terms and 2 weeks left for Year 11. Most of the past HSC students said that "don not waste your money for Preliminary, leave all that for HSC" (but do buy one or two study guides/ another good textbook for references IMO). like in our school we're using the Heinemann textbook (IMO, it's a bit brief, but good) and I've also bought Jacaranda and Dot Points for extra practice questions and extra info.

Personally, I don't do Geography and Society and Culture so I;m not quiet sure about it. But good luck with your studies anyways!! :)

Edit: you should got to the bookshop and look at the content first just like muzeikchun852 said. :)

Last edited:

3Lachlan2

HSC
i only know about biology since i have friends doing it. they are using biology in focus and they thinks the content is fine. u could go to a bookshop and flip through it see whether it suits u. :uhhuh::uhhuh:
:)

3Lachlan2

HSC
For the Biology study guide, the Dot Point series are quite good IMO.
For Biology textbooks, I heard that Biology in Focus is very good! (I wish we can use that book) and I've got Jacaranda textbook for Preliminary Biology. But in my opinion, do buy Dot Point, there's no point buying LOADS of textbooks with only 2 terms and 2 weeks left for Year 11. Most of the past HSC students said that "don not waste your money for Preliminary, leave all that for HSC" (but do buy one or two study guides/ another good textbook for references IMO). like in our school we're using the Heinemann textbook (IMO, it's a bit brief, but good) and I've also bought Jacaranda and Dot Points for extra practice questions and extra info.

Personally, I don't do Geography and Society and Culture so I;m not quiet sure about it. But good luck with your studies anyways!! :)

Edit: you should got to the bookshop and look at the content first just like muzeikchun852 said. :)
Yeah Bio in Focus will most likely be my textbook at home, i already have dot point good to know ;) yeah we have heinemann/jacaranda and some others at school - they are ok but Bio in Focus seems the most highly regarded, ill endeavour to get that.

thanks for your help :) grrr geography and society are next lol

mioumiou

HSC
Yeah Bio in Focus will most likely be my textbook at home, i already have dot point good to know ;) yeah we have heinemann/jacaranda and some others at school - they are ok but Bio in Focus seems the most highly regarded, ill endeavour to get that.

thanks for your help :) grrr geography and society are next lol
No worries!!
It's great to hear that you've got loads of useful resources already!! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)