Suffocation by calculation (1 Viewer)

awaitingtrain

HSC
I AM DYING!!!!!!!!! I'm taking pretty much all sciences and maths and I CAN"T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAARRGGGH! :uhoh:

I've always been creative, ALWAYS. But for some bizarre reason I chose all science subjects for year 11... Sometimes I wonder what my problem is.

Ok so do you think I should drop Physics for Art? I didn't post this in the year 11 thingy because it's full of other science people. I wanted a few open minded opinions :)

Help PLEASE!!

HSC
Yes, drop it.
Instead of doing drama, which I was coming first in, I chose chemistry.
Worst decision I've ever made in my life. I love drama. I could have done it for the HSC but it was too late.

I've dropped chem now (and I dropped bio for modern - best decision), and all my subjects are now humanities + maths.

awaitingtrain

HSC
OOooooh. Jane Austen fan. HIGH FIVE!

Anyway... thanks for the advice. I have a friend doing drama and he's always saying how it's really good to have a creative outlet so that you don't shrivel up and die in reality :) I'm just concerened about my ATAR if I choose VA. I'm trying to weigh up the value of:

a) Doing Physics with no interest and getting a high scaled mark

b) Doing art and achieving a high overall mark and laughing off scaling.

Hmmmm.....

lonely-lass

HSC
N/A
Arts subjects are fun. I droped Physics for a language subject... you do it, you'll feel lightened. :)

mioumiou

HSC
I AM DYING!!!!!!!!! I'm taking pretty much all sciences and maths and I CAN"T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAARRGGGH! :uhoh:

I've always been creative, ALWAYS. But for some bizarre reason I chose all science subjects for year 11... Sometimes I wonder what my problem is.

Ok so do you think I should drop Physics for Art? I didn't post this in the year 11 thingy because it's full of other science people. I wanted a few open minded opinions :)

Help PLEASE!!
Can you still change it? Cuz in our school, we can change it until next next week. If you love Visual Art, I would suggest you to change to the subjects that you LOVEd. that way, you'll get better marks than you would have expected. :hammer:

Hope my advice helps =S :uhoh:

awaitingtrain

HSC
All your advice makes sense but my greatest talent is self doubt. :(
It always comes down to convincing myself to do something, really just commiting to the decision I think is right.

What language are you doing??
I'm learning Japanese in my spare time. And I just started flicking through some stuff on Russian.

awaitingtrain

HSC
I will. See that! That was a decision!!! ahahahahaha

Thanks heaps for your advise everyone :) So glad I'm not going to do Physics.

wendybird

HSC
Humanities, humanities, humanities FTW!!!

Not a single unit of Maths or Science counted towards my ATAR. :wave:

kyokaku92

HSC
Sounds like another victim of the scaling peer-pressure!! If you really hate physics, then by all means drop immediately. Doing a subject just for scaling is the most stupidest idea because chances are you won't like it and you won't get the marks. I learned this the hard way with 3U maths. Good luck.

awaitingtrain

HSC
Wendybird!

*o*... ON... I am bowing down, just incase you didn't get the memo.

I love humanities subjects but I want to keep my options open for uni. But I'm more determined than ever to be creative and expressive.

wendybird

HSC
^ Oh absolutely.

I did Chemistry, 3U Maths and Economics as well at one stage. I still feel that they were all very valuable and in the end benefited me. (For example, you need 4 years of science and a language to apply overseas).

Good to keep your options open, but also keep in mind that if you excel at the humanities, then make the most of it!

The HSC is all about playing to to your individual strengths - hence any "best" subject combination is different for each person.

madsam

God among men
HSC
In the wise words of Chopper, Harden the fuck up

awaitingtrain

HSC
In the wise words of Chopper, Harden the fuck up

You are exactly the kind of analytical rectum wipe I was trying to avoid by posting this in the ARTS section. Why are you posting on this thread if you have absolutely no useful contribution to make?

In my own wise words: Stick to what you know and learn to read thread headings.

PS. Burn in Hell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)