Suggestions to Class of 2005.. (1 Viewer)

coroneos

DO NOT CHOOSE THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS:
---------

Physics
Chemistry
Biology
Business Studies
Anything Below English Advanced

---------

Definitely do not!!!

Sciences are BS now...

the workload of eco + legal studies = < Chemistry!!!

Kulazzi

HSC
but really, u gotta think abt whether they like it or not, i mean i love business studies but it doesn't mean that I cannnot choose it. And I think u mean the yr 10's not us yr 11's, cos we cannot "choose" or pick up a subject for yr 12..........but really............let them choose what they want

don't listen to this him (her???)!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Suggestion to Class of 2005

DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS PERSON

Completely disregard this subjective post and read Ragerunner's guide to course instead. There are so many good threads about advice for subjects. Do not listen to this piece of shithouse advice.

I won't even bother explaining why but check out the credible threads about choosing subjects. Im sure most of you can tell that this "advice" is crap anyway.

Last edited:
E

eling

yupz not doing ny of them..planning 2 drop physicz ..not coz of da advice but coz i eh...SUCK

coroneoes i luv ur avatar!!

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
Physics
Chemistry
Biology
Business Studies

---------

Definitely do not!!!

Sciences are BS now...

Hmmmm Eco is boring (apparently)
LEAGAL is boring definatly
i do bio phy and chem, they are the best and most intersing subjects yu can do. if u do subjects u hate yu will go shit, if u like em n try, u will go well

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
You cant just say if a subject is boring or interesting.

Time to introduce a fundamental concept, which many of you don't seem to grasp.

SOME people find certain things [subjects] interesting while OTHERS find it boring. Sheesh.

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
Sarah168 said:
You cant just say if a subject is boring or interesting.

Time to introduce a fundamental concept, which many of you don't seem to grasp.

SOME people find certain things [subjects] interesting while OTHERS find it boring. Sheesh.
exactly that is y 1 person can not tell another person what are the best subject because he/she as a subjective view on the matter, and y that buffhead over there shouldn be sayn dont do this n that subject, because when it comes 2 ppl like me who fail subjects like i.t or legal and luv subjects like the sciences and maths(and kill em :)) will have a negative view on his comments.

Leap

free falling
HSC
coroneos said:
Sciences are BS now...
I disagree...and you have to look at the bigger picture as well - I did Biology for the HSC and I've found that its really helped me in the first semester of uni because for some subjects I've needed to know background knowledge which is covered in the HSC.

coroneos

The bigger picture??

I'll give u a few reasons why economics is better than physics/chem/bio. Just hear me out for a sec plz.

1. Economics is EASIER (seriously.. no bias) than ANY science subject offered for the HSC course.
2. The topics/sections of the Year 11/Year 12 syllabus are more interrelated and correlate more with each other. i.e. if you understand a bit from other topics, you can deduce what happens due to supply/demand diagram + basic knowledge and therefore not sit in exam room like a random fk (the case with physics).
3. In economics the complexity of concepts are nothing compared to complexity of some bs concepts in physics. There are no bs mathematical calculations or confusingly phrased questions in Physics or Chemistry.
4. Economics is better scaled than Physics/Chem or if not the same. (check BOS scaling thing!!)
5. It is INTERESTING :O lol.. srsly.. im not bsing..

I hope none of you choose to do a science over a humanities subject!!

toryn

Queen of Failure
HSC
coroneos said:
The bigger picture??

I'll give u a few reasons why economics is better than physics/chem/bio. Just hear me out for a sec plz.

1. Economics is EASIER (seriously.. no bias) than ANY science subject offered for the HSC course.
2. The topics/sections of the Year 11/Year 12 syllabus are more interrelated and correlate more with each other. i.e. if you understand a bit from other topics, you can deduce what happens due to supply/demand diagram + basic knowledge and therefore not sit in exam room like a random fk (the case with physics).
3. In economics the complexity of concepts are nothing compared to complexity of some bs concepts in physics. There are no bs mathematical calculations or confusingly phrased questions in Physics or Chemistry.
4. Economics is better scaled than Physics/Chem or if not the same. (check BOS scaling thing!!)
5. It is INTERESTING :O lol.. srsly.. im not bsing..

I hope none of you choose to do a science over a humanities subject!!
While I'm doing no sciences or social sciences, I take offence to your comments. Maybe this is your experience with these subjects, but, as I'm sure we are all aware, everyone learns differently. I have some friends who would rather drop out than change from their sciences to something else like a humanities course. You are free to give your advice on subjects here, but you say it as if there is only one truth concerning subjects. That's rubbish. As for scaling, if someone is fantastic at Physics or Chemistry but hopeless at Economics, all the scaling in the world will not help them.

For everyone else, I personally back Japanese all the way :D but it's probably not a good idea to do it next year if you haven't been doing it before (or, heaven forbid, if you don't like it).

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
coroneos said:
---------

Physics
Chemistry
Biology
Business Studies

---------

Definitely do not!!!

Sciences are BS now...

I am going to add to this list. Listen, faint hearted ones:

Beware of:

Extention History

Extention 2 English

THEY WILL EAT YOUR SOULS.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Persephone87 said:
I am going to add to this list. Listen, faint hearted ones:

Beware of:

Extention History

Extention 2 English

THEY WILL EAT YOUR SOULS.

You're an idiot.

Last edited:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
toryn said:
Darn, I was going to do both. :D
So was I, until I discovered that doing both would bring me up to 15 units, which is a scary thought. Thus, only Ext. 2 next year.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
coroneos said:
---------

Physics
Chemistry
Biology
Business Studies

---------

Definitely do not!!!

Sciences are BS now...

Siff! Bio is the biggest bludge EVER! And it doesn't scale down much either.

coroneos

okay maybe you are right for bio. HOWEVER, chemistry is the biggest bs subject ever!!
u cannot bs in chemistry cuz its either u know it or not.

economics u can relate everything back to supply/demand diagram or simple economics to explain it.

If they ask some bs like write the half equation for this this this this (*like wtf??*)

if eco is like "explain how the AU G can use macro + micro polices to achieve their economic objectives" 5 marks.. even if u kno shit all, u can still bs using info from all ure eco knowledge and stuff..

hmm but seriously chemistry is like 50x harder + 50x more werk than economics.
I say this because i did chem b4 but like the other 40 ppl in my grade, we dropped it!

toryn

Queen of Failure
HSC
Kwayera said:
So was I, until I discovered that doing both would bring me up to 15 units, which is a scary thought. Thus, only Ext. 2 next year.
Fair enough. If I can get both Ext. Jap. and Ext. History (don't know about lines) then I can drop maths and have only 12 units, including Ext. Eng. 2. If I can only get one of either Ext. Jap. and Ext. History (I'm doing Eng. 2 no matter what) then I'll drop to General Maths and do 13 units. Shouldn't be so bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)