Suggestions (1 Viewer)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I am about to fly to London (24 hours of flying!) and I want some recommendations for reading material on the flight.

As ashamed as I am to say it, I haven't read since year 12 and am kinda excited about having some solid time to read.

Im very much into the classics but if anyone has any suggestions for a must read, please post them, because Im going to need a few books to pass the time!

purplemonkey

HSC
Im reading...

"Me Talk Pretty One Day" by David Sedaris. Its a humourous book, good for anyone that comes from a slightly dysfunctional family...lol...I heard about it in that '50 most recommended books' pamphlet or whatever.

rific

HSC
Bunny04 said:
Read something of Matthew Riley. 'Seven Ancient Wonders' is very good- Im currently reading it.
Pride and prejudice is a classic ^.^
Too funny.

Try Catch-22, Joseph Heller, or Pig Tales, Marie Darrieusecq. Both classics, sort of.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
The Fishcastle and its sequel, The Book of Tides, both my Elizabeth Stead. I loved the storyline

unfortunately #1 is out of print and #2 isnt at most bookstores (can be ordered in)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Thanks for your suggestions guys. I think Im going to err on the side of caution and stick with the classics. Have read pride and prejudice but might go for some more Jane Austen, Catch-22 was a good suggestion, I think I'll go and browse the classics and A & R tomorrow!

Thanks for all your suggestions guys! (and keep em coming if you have more!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)