Summer job during uni holidays (1 Viewer)

farmer123

HSC
which are the best major stores to apply for, how is the best way to apply for this

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
If you're thinking in terms of retail, you're a bit late to apply I think...

onholidays

HSC
I don't think it's that late yet...look on the websites of the supermarkets, big stores, DJ's etc. It's on all their websites these days. KFC and Macca's are always looking for people however...and sometimes I kinda wished I worked there because it seems fun and fast paced and easy...

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
I don't think it's that late yet...look on the websites of the supermarkets, big stores, DJ's etc. It's on all their websites these days. KFC and Macca's are always looking for people however...and sometimes I kinda wished I worked there because it seems fun and fast paced and easy...
I bet you'll live to regret what you just said. People don't work at KFC and Maccas because its fun. They do it for money and/or experience. Staff turnover at fast food restaurants is high because its shit and for many, just a starting point in their employment career.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Maccas employees are looked very favourably upon if you intend to work in customer service or retail in the future, because of their training program.

ashllis92

HSC
Maccas employees are looked very favourably upon if you intend to work in customer service or retail in the future, because of their training program.
LOL! I hope this is true! I work at maccas and was trained for a grand total of..... 20 minutes! Then I was patted on the back with a reasurring "youll be right", which I wasn't for about 3 months

spence

HSC
I bet you'll live to regret what you just said. People don't work at KFC and Maccas because its fun. They do it for money and/or experience. Staff turnover at fast food restaurants is high because its shit and for many, just a starting point in their employment career.
Fast food really isn't bad to work in

ashllis92

HSC
its really not that bad you just need to realise that it's still a workplace and not a social gathering which a lot of people dont

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
i applied for pretty much every department store i could think off.

got generic 'alot of great canditates ur not what we are looking for'

but finally got a group interview at myer and still waiting to see how i went

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Try your local government. Often they'll have jobs open at the pools, landcare or maintenance etc. Although, your probably a bit to late for this year...

RDX

one8seven
HSC
Uni Grad
All the big chains, and resume spam at your local shopping center.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)