• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Super 12 (1 Viewer)

bootylicious

HSC
congrats to the tahs!!! it was a good game. But i found it to be a waratah-dominated game!!!

But im sooooo happy that the hurricanes won!!!!

But also "im soooo friggin pissed!!" i cant believe the brumbies lost!!! But then again, their side was full of new, young, players!! They still had a good game. It would have been betta to have won it for finegan, though!!! :(

disco

HSC
The hurricanes won!!!! the crusaders beat the highlanders!!! im sooooo happy!!!!

awwww... poor finegan. last home game for him and they couldn't pull off a win!!! But most of their experienced players were on the bench, so they had a team full of young players who dont really have much experience!!! like, norton-knight, henjak, henjaks replacement, salvi, the no.4, no.5, tawake, horua.

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
Farewell to Owen Finegan. Top class player he has been for the Brumbies.

I only found out on Sat. that Grey's going to Japan next season.

How many tries has the Crusaders scored this season? It's something ridicolous.

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
alot......i thought the tahs were playin friday nite...it sed so in the paper i think

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Crusaders avgeraged 41.9 points per game, closest was Waraths with 29.7

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
but the crusaders have the 3rd WORST defence as well..the tahs have one of th best

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
yeah, thats typical of the maori/islander style of play, very raw and therefore gud attactkers, but defence is shoddy....

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
the crusaders back line is gud but i wouldnt say the best in the comp....in my opinion the strongest 2 backlines are the Tahs and the Canes

big_ticket

HSC
N/A
i'd go the canes...they've got stronger ball runners in the backline who aren't afraid to take it to the line.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
And so Tuqiri completely out-performs Wendel yet again.. I don't think I'll ever understand and come to terms with the fact the Wallaby selectors insisted on starting Sailor ahead of super Lote.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Paragon said:
And so Tuqiri completely out-performs Wendel yet again.. I don't think I'll ever understand and come to terms with the fact the Wallaby selectors insisted on starting Sailor ahead of super Lote.
Their both over rated... the difference is Lote can preform a little more consistently than Del. Iam a Tahs fan, but Lote isnt as good as Peter Hewitt, yet everyone loves giving Lote huge wraps because of his name...... ohh well.... GO TAHS!

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
no lote is very good and um del plays on the opposite wing to Lote im pretty sure...

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
Hewat is really good but if you think about it, other teams would target Tuqiri and try and nullify him as best they can. This is Hewat's rookie season so other teams are not gonna place as much emphasis on him as they would on Lote. Hopefully Hewat will be able to reproduce his performances come next season. On a side note, Tuqiri is not overrated. He's the best winger the Wallabies have and that's gotta count for smthg.

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
Paragon said:
Hewat is really good but if you think about it, other teams would target Tuqiri and try and nullify him as best they can. This is Hewat's rookie season so other teams are not gonna place as much emphasis on him as they would on Lote. Hopefully Hewat will be able to reproduce his performances come next season. On a side note, Tuqiri is not overrated. He's the best winger the Wallabies have and that's gotta count for smthg.

hey rathbone is fuckin good too...dnt put him outa the picture

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
my aussie back line

halfback: whits/greegan
flyhalf: larkham
inside: gituo (i cnt spelll it)
outside: mortlock
wings: rathbone/Lote
fullback: rogers

bench: um if whits plays cause gregan is injured then henjak
tirinui
hewatt
latham

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Dont get me wrong, Lote is a good player, i like him. Hes just overated. When you think about it, he has good speed, but for a wing he hasnt got a good step. he is utalized more as a battering ram, which is either showing the tahs think he is only good for strong back hit ups or, he is not being properly utalized. However that being said he can do some pretty outstanding stuff, but he is still overated.

Ohh and before i wasnt comparing del and lote for a winger spot on the wallabies, i was just saying what i thought.

Cappen, im sorry to say that after exploding out of the blocks Clyde RathBone has been a bit of a let down... In his first few games he was brilliant, he has slowly gotten worse. Personally, for the wallabies, i would prefer tune on the wing, with either Lote, hewatt (if he keeps up his form) or Mortlock, if it is Mortlock move tirinui in to center.

Go the Tahs!!!

Last edited:

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
rrathbones been injured...its not like he was a one hit wonder...hewat it a utility atm...hes can slot into shit loads of posi's so he is better suited ot he bench for the moment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)