Supplymentary materials for Peter Skryznecki (1 Viewer)

peony

what supplymentary texts would be good for the poems of peter skrzynecki ?

also, how many supplymentry texts do we have to select for the area of study ?

thanks

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
For Skrynecki's poems anything to do with immigration works well, umm if u can find some stories of immigrants that have come to australia to live - escpeially some of the WWII migrants.

Newspapers if u can find archives somewhere (i've been looking on teh net for ages for some sort of site liek that and cannot find one) but they would have stories like that.

But there are numerous books on the eurpoeans that came over -i've got one at home 'Starting over' (which my pops in) and it has a heap of stories about immigrants so i'm using some of those and they work really well.

When u do Skrynecki u can't use other poems as supplimentary material apparently - so steer clear of that.

I dont know if it does specify how many sup. u need to use. I've got some holiday essays atm and they are saying use 2 in one, then a vareity in another and 3 in the other one so i guess if u have mabye 3 or 4 that work with a lot u'll be fine

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
A good supp for Skrzynecki would be Jonathan's Coat a collection of short stories which is actually edited by Skrzynecki himself.

The Pianist (a movie) is about an immigrant's journey in Germany (I think, so don't quote me on the Germany partr)

Jennibeans

HSC
if you're after related texts about immigration see what you can analyse out of David Moore's photo "Immigrants Arriving in Sydney 1966"
You can sort of waffle about the facial expressions and how several generations are represented and what that tells us about journeys yea I know you've heard all that before.

5c

HSC
yeh migrants stuff are related..
maybe bruce dawe poems..
i fink there's one called 'drifters'

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
Originally posted by 5c
yeh migrants stuff are related..
maybe bruce dawe poems..
i fink there's one called 'drifters'
we did that in yr 9 for a poem, its quite good actually, fits in with the wind in the willows a bit

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
tonight on sbs at 7:30- 8:30

7:30 pm DOCUMENTARY SERIES - THE NEW AMERICANS
Through the intimate stories of a diverse group of immigrants and refugees, this remarkable seven-part series from PBS captures the lives of contemporary immigrants in all their complexities. The New Americans puts a human face on the breadth and scope of immigrants' and refugees' experience in America - not just the sensational stories that make headlines. It is a dramatic series that interweaves the various stories like a prime-time drama series, thereby allowing the very different experiences of its subjects to play against and comment on one another. (PART 4) (From the US, in English) WS CC
SMS Alert Code: 9104

might be worth checking out at least the first episode.

peony

Do you think STAR WARS:EPOSODE 4 and MAESTRO are appropriate for Skrzynecki ?

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
Are u meant to get something that relates to your prescribed text? I did peter Skryznecki and we didnt have to get something that acctually related to it. But I reckon its good if u are looking for stuff which relates to Your Set text...It will prolly show an understanding of your text.

stef since 1986

yeh thats wat our teacher sed. its better to have related material which is actually similar to ur perscribed text! it gives more chance to show understanding and alot more to talk about!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)