Susanne Willems (Albert Speer) (1 Viewer)

Abbeygale

HSC
According to a German documentary, a historian named Susanne Willems has uncovered documents that demonstrate that Speer had knowledge of the Holocaust.

'The documents uncovered by the Berlin historian Susanne Willems include a Third Reich report from May 1943 that refers to a "Prof Speer special programme" to expand the Auschwitz camp so that it could serve as a death camp. The report, on which Speer made copious handwritten notes in the margins and over the text, refers to the fact that Auschwitz's role as a work camp had "recently been expanded to include the solution to the Jewish question".

http://telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/05/11/wspeer11.xml

Does anyone know anything about this? I've had a bit of a search to see if anything collaborates or denies the existence of this document, but all the sites that reference it use the above article as their only source. David Irving doesn't think it exists, but he's David Irving.
Willems has a website, but I don't read German.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Yeah, I used it in my assignment on Speer and got 9/10 and then on friday the teacher asked for the link and then he printed out a copy for everyone, he thought it was useful (he's a senior hsc marker).

It's legit, plus look at all the other sources with Himmler's speech, Speer contradicts himself continually, there is no way he would not of known of the 'final solution' as Gitta Sereny says in her book.

smileforjordy

HSC
Thats an interesting source u talked about i havent heard of that one before, there is also the 'wolter's chronicle' aka 'office chronicle', in which speer's close associate wolters wrote of the GBI's activities. Speer saw it as a tribute and wanted to include it in his 6 part biography, but Wolters said this was impossible as it included tonnes of incriminating evidence about speer, contradicting his whole mea culpa from nuremberg... so wolters edited out all the incriminating parts, but after his death(2 yrs after speer's), the original chronicle was discovered full of official documents- the most relevant one being Speer's orders to vacate the Berlin flats, something he failed to admit on trial- what a Fraud!

biggie walls

HSC
Sunjet - your teacher wouldnt happen to be Dennit would it?? haha I would only use it if its Dennit approved...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)