swine flu.. (1 Viewer)

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
..has come to our school.
2 boarders have gotten it, so now all the boarders are going home.
but for all the day girls (including me), we still have to stay at school and do the assessments we have for the last week.

i have an english dramatic monologue due on tuesday, and we still have to do it and we're still going to get marked on our performance. however, for the 30 or so boarders in my year, they only have to send their transcript and won't be getting marked on their performance. does anyone else think this is unfair? i suck at dramatic monologues and we're being marked on basis that we can actually pull off a monologue!

Mu5hi

Banned
HSC
someone at our school had it. Also isnt the level PROTECT now? where no need for isolation. But i do think its unfair that you have act, while they can send transcript, maybe teachers will take the into account?

TearsOfFire

HSC
N/A
..has come to our school.
2 boarders have gotten it, so now all the boarders are going home.
but for all the day girls (including me), we still have to stay at school and do the assessments we have for the last week.

i have an english dramatic monologue due on tuesday, and we still have to do it and we're still going to get marked on our performance. however, for the 30 or so boarders in my year, they only have to send their transcript and won't be getting marked on their performance. does anyone else think this is unfair? i suck at dramatic monologues and we're being marked on basis that we can actually pull off a monologue!
o_O Swine flu at Abbotsleigh. well, despite the fact that its unfair.. well, there isnt much you can do about it really. Just spend the rest of the time practising the monologue, rather then being concerned about how unfair it is.

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
someone at our school had it. Also isnt the level PROTECT now? where no need for isolation. But i do think its unfair that you have act, while they can send transcript, maybe teachers will take the into account?
umm, in the email we got today it said that "due to the close community living arrangements in Boarding and the highly infectious nature of this influenza, we have decided to close the Boarding houses for the remainder of this term."

this is like the first time ever that i want to be a boarder at this present time. boo.

HSC
Our teacher was in quarantine for a week too, but it shouldn't be right for boarders to have some kind of privilege in your drama assignment. Have you considered asking your year co-ordinator? Or even your school principal?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
The swine influenza is completely harmless... just let the damn thing spread and let the Australian population become more immune to it.

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
Our teacher was in quarantine for a week too, but it shouldn't be right for boarders to have some kind of privilege in your drama assignment. Have you considered asking your year co-ordinator? Or even your school principal?
I think there's going to be a LOT of complaints tomorrow in our grade.
There's quite a few assessment tasks this week that obviously the boarders won't be doing this term including a modern history essay, drama performance, extension english essay, english advanced speech and some studies of religion thing.
I'll just wait and see what happens tomorrow..

HSC
some yr 12 chick at our school got swine. she just has to stay home for like 2 wks or something. shes ok now. although i wish our whole school got closed down. that would be good. the amount of hw n class work we get when we come back is a going to be as big as mt everest though lol

HSC
yeah i no, but regardless, teachers are still going to shove homework down your throat. even if you were in year 9.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I got diagnosed with it but still have to hand in my physics assignment and do the the three maths test in the same week.

oh well...

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
The swine influenza is completely harmless... just let the damn thing spread and let the Australian population become more immune to it.
You're a moron.

For every person that catches this new virus, it increases the probability that it could mutate into something different, something more virulent and deadly.

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
turns out that all our assessment tasks have been postponed until next term :)

its funny, because all our assemblies, chapels and any special functions have been cancelled for the rest of the term and since there are so many people not coming to school, we don't do any work.
so i've decided that tomorrow will be my last day of school (when we officially finish on thursday) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)