Syd Uni timetabling (1 Viewer)

Gyt123

HSC
How do you know how many hours per week per subject is eg tutes, lectures per week etc ? Can’t find where it spells out subject X is 6 hours a week made up of 3 lectures and 3 tutes. Gonna be a s*it show Jan 19

Luukas.2

HSC
It will be in the unit of study guides, at the individual department websites. For a unit worth 6 credit points, it should average to 6 h per week of formal contact.

It may not be the same each week, too. It could be 3 x 1 h lectures / week for 13 weeks (39 hours) plus 10 weeks with 1 x 3 h lab session (30 weeks) plus 9 weeks with 1 x 1 h tutorials (9 hours) for (39 + 30 + 9) / 13 = 6 h per week average.

Gyt123

HSC
It will be in the unit of study guides, at the individual department websites. For a unit worth 6 credit points, it should average to 6 h per week of formal contact.

It may not be the same each week, too. It could be 3 x 1 h lectures / week for 13 weeks (39 hours) plus 10 weeks with 1 x 3 h lab session (30 weeks) plus 9 weeks with 1 x 1 h tutorials (9 hours) for (39 + 30 + 9) / 13 = 6 h per week average.
Exactly my point, where does it spell it out ?Maybe it will not allow you to enrol in 4 tutes if only 3 needed for the week (as you select them). Can’t find this detail in unit of study guide. It should say Lecture 1 with multiple times, Lecture 2 multiple times etc. Maybe I’m just slow - failed uni already lol

idkkdi

HSC
Exactly my point, where does it spell it out ?Maybe it will not allow you to enrol in 4 tutes if only 3 needed for the week (as you select them). Can’t find this detail in unit of study guide. It should say Lecture 1 with multiple times, Lecture 2 multiple times etc. Maybe I’m just slow - failed uni already lol
Class timetabling system kinda looks like this:

Subject
- Lecture
- Tutorial
- Whatever
Subject 2

u click through each of those options and choose one of the available times.

you can't rlly screw it up dw about it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)