Sydney priest arrested over internet grooming (1 Viewer)

Uncle

Banned
HSC

nice beard:
another one bites the dust.
next time go to church.
watch out.
for the beared man,
the prest and matt clegg.!

A 54-year-old Sydney Catholic priest has been arrested and charged after allegedly attempting to groom detectives masquerading as a 13-year-old girl, sending them a series of sexually explicit chat-room messages.
this is what CIA/FOXHOUND will do:
we kill yor pedophile ass on and off the battlefied.

From this point on,
TL;DR

Police allege they posed as a 13-year-old girl on the internet to catch Robert Fuller, from All Saints Catholic Parish at Liverpool.

They allege he sent chat-room messages between July and August, and even tried to arrange a meeting to engage in sexual activity.

Police arrested Father Fuller in a car park at Parramatta, in western Sydney, at 12.30pm yesterday, and later charged him with grooming a person under the age of 16.

He was refused bail and will appear in Parramatta Local Court today.

During yesterday's operation, police also seized laptop computers, documents, photographs and a mobile phone from the presbytery at All Saints Catholic Parish on George Street.

Three schools, including a primary school and separate boys' and girls' colleges, are next to the presbytery.

A Catholic Education spokesman said Father Fuller was not on the teaching staff at either school.

Detective Superintendent John Kerlatec, commander of the Sex Crimes Squad, said the man allegedly had several conversations and sent several sexually explicit images during a three-week period. He allegedly used a number of different websites.

Mr Kerlatec urged parents to speak to their children about the dangers of the internet.

"The internet can be a great tool for children. However, social networking sites can be potentially dangerous for children if they are left unsupervised," he said in a statement.

"Regular online operations are conducted by detectives at the Child Exploitation and Internet Unit in an effort to detect online sexual predators.

"The role of parents however, is crucial with assisting in the prevention of child internet exploitation."

A Sydney Catholic Archdiocese spokeswoman said officials were made aware of Father Fuller’s arrest yesterday.

He was immediately stood down and would not be returning to the parish, she said.

Father Fuller had also arranged to stay outside the Sydney area while the matter was before the courts, she said.

The Sydney Archdiocese was not aware of any complaints being made about Father Fuller in the past, she said.

Father Fuller was ordained in 1979 after studying at St Columba's College at Springwood, then St Patrick's College at Manly.

He was appointed parish priest for Liverpool in 2003 and has a Bachelor of Theology from the Catholic Institute of Sydney.
13 year old girls do not go on IRC.
They are all CIA/FOXHOUND/FBI/ASIO and other random people trying to deceive you.
Next time you request the recipient to relinquish their clothes in the presence of the webcam, think twice.

FAIL.

Sprangler

HSC
Priests aren't even allowed to have sex. Shame on him for breaking the very moral code he is meant to preach.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
It's not very fair. I mean, I dont see anything to suggest that he actually planned to meet the girl. Sounds like he was a lonely guy, like most priests, who came under an unfortunate temptation. But there's a massive air of unreality about the whole internet. It's pretty harsh to judge him on the standard of actually meeting a 13y/o girl from his parish and having such conversations with her in person. You cant help but take everything online with a grain of salt. Perhaps he was insightful enough to never believe that 'she' was a 13 yo girl and was just passing his lonely hours with some very unfortunate text

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
So what exactly did he do wrong? seems like all he did was chat to an adult police officer who was acting as if they are 13.

"charged him with grooming a person under the age of 16." umm but he didnt do that? the person he was talking to was not under 16.

"He was refused bail " was he some sort of danger to the community? its not like he is being charged with murder, and he is a preist ffs he is probably more credible than someone who is going to go on a crime rampage after being bailed.

"He was immediately stood down and would not be returning to the parish" guilty upon accusation and punished before being to court, i love it.

Sprangler

HSC
They allege he sent chat-room messages between July and August, and even tried to arrange a meeting to engage in sexual activity.
:confused:

He wanted to meet and fuck a 13 year old girl, deserves everything he gets. I like stories like this. A man of GOD!

gella

HSC
fucking lol
this guys done a few masses for my school
haaaaahahaha

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
So what exactly did he do wrong? seems like all he did was chat to an adult police officer who was acting as if they are 13.

"charged him with grooming a person under the age of 16." umm but he didnt do that? the person he was talking to was not under 16.

"He was refused bail " was he some sort of danger to the community? its not like he is being charged with murder, and he is a preist ffs he is probably more credible than someone who is going to go on a crime rampage after being bailed.

"He was immediately stood down and would not be returning to the parish" guilty upon accusation and punished before being to court, i love it.
Her believed it was a 13 year old girl and tried to arrange a meeting with her.

What would have happened if it WAS a 13 year old?

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Her believed it was a 13 year old girl and tried to arrange a meeting with her.

What would have happened if it WAS a 13 year old?
Your point? he didnt actually do anything wrong did he? he chatted to and tried to arrange a meeting with an adult police officer.

AFAIK there has not been a single case in Australia of a pedophile "grooming" a 13yr old on the internet and then attacking them. All of this is beside the point though, because he didnt do that did he.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Your point? he didnt actually do anything wrong did he? he chatted to and tried to arrange a meeting with an adult police officer.

AFAIK there has not been a single case in Australia of a pedophile "grooming" a 13yr old on the internet and then attacking them. All of this is beside the point though, because he didnt do that did he.
Wait, are you saying that because he was tricked into talking to a copper with the intention of chatting up, meeting and more then likely rape her, he shouldnt be punished??

HOW THE FUCK DID YOU GET OFF RED BOX?

GTFO.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
AFAIK there has not been a single case in Australia of a pedophile "grooming" a 13yr old on the internet and then attacking them.
That's based on what you know. Are you honestly trying to imply that there have been no sexual/indecent assaults that have directly followed from pedophiles "grooming" young children on the internet?

Really?

C'mon man.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
That's based on what you know. Are you honestly trying to imply that there have been no sexual/indecent assaults that have directly followed from pedophiles "grooming" young children on the internet?

Really?

C'mon man.
When these laws had first came in place, no convictions existed in Aus where someone had previously "groomed" someone on the internet and then abused them. All i am saying is i am no longer current on this law, the last time i looked it up was about 5yrs ago. I still dont think its happened yet, find a case and prove me wrong :)

Wait, are you saying that because he was tricked into talking to a copper with the intention of chatting up, meeting and more then likely rape her, he shouldnt be punished??
Prove his intentions. like someone allready said, he might just have wanted to talk some sense into them about chatting to older men on the net. He has a bucketload of plausible deniablity. He never actually chatted up anyone who was underage, it was a cop the whole time. Imo it falls under entrapment. I am an open person, please walk me through your logic and convince me of how he has directly harmed someone and should be jailed. Please, i want to understand your logic[even if i dont agree] so make it as simple as possible.

_GOD_

HSC
God shall forgive this man your brother who has sinned

badquinton304

HSC
It's not very fair. I mean, I dont see anything to suggest that he actually planned to meet the girl. Sounds like he was a lonely guy, like most priests, who came under an unfortunate temptation. But there's a massive air of unreality about the whole internet. It's pretty harsh to judge him on the standard of actually meeting a 13y/o girl from his parish and having such conversations with her in person. You cant help but take everything online with a grain of salt. Perhaps he was insightful enough to never believe that 'she' was a 13 yo girl and was just passing his lonely hours with some very unfortunate text
Dude he jacked off on webcam to "her".

I think its time these guys are allowed to marry.

0hNivlek

HSC
Lol. He's like the priest of my friends high school. Lol @ that school.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Dude he jacked off on webcam to "her".

I think its time these guys are allowed to marry.
Lol I missed that. Obviously I cant defend what he did, but I think it's still common sense to not pretend that the internet represents real-life situations where individuals can easily excercise balanced judgement. For myself, i've hurled incredible abuse at others here on bos and have expressed the sharpest views of my faith with zero tact. I would never do or seek to do such things in the real world

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Prove his intentions. like someone allready said, he might just have wanted to talk some sense into them about chatting to older men on the net. He has a bucketload of plausible deniablity. He never actually chatted up anyone who was underage, it was a cop the whole time. Imo it falls under entrapment. I am an open person, please walk me through your logic and convince me of how he has directly harmed someone and should be jailed. Please, i want to understand your logic[even if i dont agree] so make it as simple as possible.

Police arrested Father Fuller in a car park at Parramatta, in western Sydney, at 12.30pm yesterday, and later charged him with grooming a person under the age of 16. (Actually arrested where he intended on "meeting" the girl)

Detective Superintendent John Kerlatec, commander of the Sex Crimes Squad, said the man allegedly had several conversations and sent several sexually explicit images during a three-week period. He allegedly used a number of different websites.

Catholic Church bails father Robert Fuller, charged with grooming '13-year-old' for sex - news - LIVENEWS.com.au

Read that, more news.

Under your logic, the police crack down on suspected terrorist bombers only recently would be deemed wrong and fall under entrapment?

The Laws are here to protect children, and if your going to defend a sexual deviant who tried to arrange a meeting with a 13 year old, then by god, you should be fucking shot.

Fuck me sideways, trying to talk sense into them? He whacked off to one and tried to get them to do the same.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I still dont understand why coppers dont use unmarked cars to watch speeders.

Ohwait, Entrapment.

I think it should be scrapped IMHO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)