Sydney Uni Text (1 Viewer)

Hatake88

HSC
exact same position as you. 96.00 going for comm/science (same cutoff) and 2nd pref was the same degree at unsw. but i really wanna go to usyd.

if i didnt get a text does that mean the cutoff jumped up past 96 this year? :/

how come? commerce/science is better at unsw.

btw, I agree with whoever else is really stressed right now...I got a text but I also put down FIVE Usyd preferences. <6 more hours now.

pHyRe

HSC
how come? commerce/science is better at unsw.

btw, I agree with whoever else is really stressed right now...I got a text but I also put down FIVE Usyd preferences. <6 more hours now.
im majoring in maths and usyd seems better for that but unsw probably a little better for the actual sciency subjects.

don't really care if unsw has an edge in commerce or science too much to be honest. i prefer to have a better social life, and after going to 2 UNSW open days, 1 usyd open day and an info day and talking to heaps of people it's pretty clear which one is better in that regard.

i was also really impressed by the job placement opportunities at usyd commerce as compared to unsw. and my dad who is in that field, agreed with me.

but if i end up at unsw i won't be overly disappointed i guess. i think it's a ~93 atar cut off for me as I get 4 bonus points for commerce/science (adv. maths) or else 5 points for straight commerce making it 91.3. so kinda want to use my atar points too (i know that's stupid but whatever).

Last edited:

Andrew759

HSC
Guys stop stressing! There was an option when you applied through UAC to provide a mobile number so that they may text you. (Im guessing this is how sydney gets the numbers? IDK)

Last edited:

futuregirl

HSC
Is there still a chance that only a group out of the total number of successful applicants received a text? I'm really worried right now because I've always wanted to get my 1st preference for usyd.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Is there still a chance that only a group out of the total number of successful applicants received a text? I'm really worried right now because I've always wanted to get my 1st preference for usyd.
Nobody knows for sure if the texts were only sent to successful applicants and if all successful applicants got one, so best not worry and just wait for 9pm.

peri24

HSC
calm duwn gurl. imma giv u a kis to kep u rlaxed.

PotatoesNDragon

HSC
N/A
And out of all days to be stressed on, it has to be a sweltering hot day.

Well then there's always cold beers4all if it turns out well.

Mittens-

HSC
Can I claim emotional distress and get meh uni fees on the cheap? Haha
Usyd givin me some concern on this very hot day eep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hatake88

HSC
im majoring in maths and usyd seems better for that but unsw probably a little better for the actual sciency subjects.

don't really care if unsw has an edge in commerce or science too much to be honest. i prefer to have a better social life, and after going to 2 UNSW open days, 1 usyd open day and an info day and talking to heaps of people it's pretty clear which one is better in that regard.

i was also really impressed by the job placement opportunities at usyd commerce as compared to unsw. and my dad who is in that field, agreed with me.

but if i end up at unsw i won't be overly disappointed i guess. i think it's a ~93 atar cut off for me as I get 4 bonus points for commerce/science (adv. maths) or else 5 points for straight commerce making it 91.3. so kinda want to use my atar points too (i know that's stupid but whatever).
We do have a good social life- that is true. however, the leadership roles are dominated by a group of students so I'd say its actually easier at other unis if you are keen for roles like that. I don't know about job prospects for commerce...all I know is that its very competitive and the majority of students/lecturers are from asian countries (not like there is anything wrong with that but just putting it out there).

Either way, good luck. Tell me if you get in!

@ futuregirl there is always the late/final round offers too. I got my offer for usyd in the late round last year (and got another one in the final round).

pHyRe

HSC
We do have a good social life- that is true. however, the leadership roles are dominated by a group of students so I'd say its actually easier at other unis if you are keen for roles like that. I don't know about job prospects for commerce...all I know is that its very competitive and the majority of students/lecturers are from asian countries (not like there is anything wrong with that but just putting it out there).
well, regarding the asian population. It's much higher at UNSW which was the only uni i was really considering.

and leadership positions are important i guess. But i dunno if selecting UWS or Macquarie just cause leadership positiions are easier to get is a very wise option...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)