Syria: ready to put Russian missile systems on its soil to counterweight US plans (1 Viewer)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Graney said:
but I can't see why any nation should not have a free press, freedom to protest etc...
I CAN.
Loose lips sink ships and all that. Also, the world would have rested much easier if Weimar manned-up and got heavy with the Nazis rallies.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Graney said:
There is no reason not to expect and demand developing countries maintain and respect a minimum standard of human rights.
i knew the British colonial nationalist feeling was still in you. who the Fcuk are you to tell other countries about human rights and this bullshit trash? WHO ARE YOU? why the fuck don't you demand ALREADY developed countries to maintain and respect our liberties and freedom. why the hell cant we just let them be. let them work for their rights.

you sicken me granny. no joke. why cant we just bloody worry about this country. why cant we just worry about helping ourselves. why the hell do we have to send aid to other countries with all these strings attached. why cant we just fucking worry about AUSTRALIA....for fucking once.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
bigboyjames said:
i knew the British colonial nationalist feeling was still in you. who the Fcuk are you to tell other countries about human rights and this bullshit trash? WHO ARE YOU? why the fuck don't you demand ALREADY developed countries to maintain and respect our liberties and freedom. why the hell cant we just let them be. let them work for their rights.

you sicken me granny. no joke. why cant we just bloody worry about this country. why cant we just worry about helping ourselves. why the hell do we have to send aid to other countries with all these strings attached. why cant we just fucking worry about AUSTRALIA....for fucking once.
you are absolutely nuts

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
jb_nc said:
you are absolutely nuts
funny...i thought you couldn't see my posts.

please go dig a hole in the ground and bury yourself. thankyou

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
bigboyjames said:
funny...i thought you couldn't see my posts.

please go dig a hole in the ground and bury yourself. thankyou
few sandwiches sort of a picnic

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
bigboyjames said:
WHO ARE YOU? why the fuck don't you demand ALREADY developed countries to maintain and respect our liberties and freedom.
I do. If by demand you mean post on the internet about it. I'm an advocate. For freedom globally, in the West or otherwise.

I don't understand your non-interventionist views? Do you think it was right when the world failed to protect the people of Rwanda from genocide?
Do you think in the event of future atrocities, including genocide, we should simply be observers and allow domestic politics to sort themselves out?

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Graney said:
I don't understand your non-interventionist views? Do you think it was right when the world failed to protect the people of Rwanda from genocide?
please define "world"
Do you think in the event of future atrocities, including genocide, we should simply be observers and allow domestic politics to sort themselves out?
most atrocities are usually linked to western elites greed. going back to iraq, where they used biological weapons on its own people ...but hey, its ok, because those weapons were given to iraq by the USA.

to answer your question. yes. i know is sounds harsh, but we should not be interfering with any other country. we arnt the world police. Its their problem, its their issue and they can fucking sort it out. i dont pay my taxes for this govt to send troop to other countries because they need liberation. fuck that.

Last edited:

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
bigboyjames said:
please define "world"
The sum of the nations on the earth? Obviously with a greater investment and responsibility for the political and economic powers to respond due to their increased freedom and ability to do so.

bigboyjames said:
to answer your question. yes. i know is sounds harsh, but we should not be interfering with any other country. we arnt the world police. Its their problem, its their issue and they can fucking sort it out. i dont pay my taxes for this govt to send troop to other countries because they need liberation. fuck that.
That seems extremely immoral in cases of severe need. Why are national borders and independence so sacred, but the value of human lives worth so little?

GigaLouie

HSC
bigboyjames said:
please define "world"

most atrocities are usually linked to western elites greed. going back to iraq, where they used biological weapons on its own people ...but hey, its ok, because those weapons were given to iraq by the USA.

There's a link between hypocrisy and aiding, just take a look at America's unjust views on how Russia is treating Georgia!
Also it is easy to see why Australia is the US's lapdog.

And why am i reading this? i have a fucking King Lear essay to finish!

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
GigaLouie said:
There's a link between hypocrisy and aiding, just take a look at America's unjust views on how Russia is treating Georgia!
Also it is easy to see why Australia is the US's lapdog.

And why am i reading this? i have a fucking King Lear essay to finish!
Australia is the US's lapdog? I guess that's why, when the US asked Australia to commit a bunch of its fighter jets to the Middle East, we declined on the grounds that Australia's defence is more important than some far off war.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
bigboyjames: ready to report articles from digg

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Slidey said:
Australia is the US's lapdog? I guess that's why, when the US asked Australia to commit a bunch of its fighter jets to the Middle East, we declined on the grounds that Australia's defence is more important than some far off war.
wow, you concluded we arnt Americas lapdog with just 1 reason! fucken oath! you genius!

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
Your country Pakistan is a puppet of America :lol:
it aint my country.

go suck Ariel Sharon's dick.

Last edited:

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
bigboyjames said:
wow, you concluded we arnt Americas lapdog with just 1 reason! fucken oath! you genius!
Well it's one more than the conspiracy theorists like you gave. :)

Exactly what does "America's lapdog" mean?

Our government answers to Australia before it does America. Australians aren't particularly fond of America or Americans.

Is being a Western nation enough to be classified as "America's lapdog" now? I bet it is.

Admiral Nelson

Generalfeldmarschall
HSC
ZabZu said:
Id much prefer to support the US or the Europeans than the Russians and Chinese. Both Russia and China are dictatorships, they dont have a free press, their human rights records are poor and they support horrible regimes. They support Zimbabwe, Sudan, Iran, Burma, etc.

Israel has also made mistakes in the past but its not the regime your making it out to be. Israelis want peace, yet you support Hezbollah which wont stop fighting until Israel is destroyed.
Okay, let's just get past this cultural bias. DEMOCRACY ISN'T THE INHERENTLY RIGHT SYSTEM OF GOVERNANCE. It works just fine for us in the western world, even though that's debatable, and though the current system of checkbook democracy isn't the most wonderful, it works. China and Russia are different cultural areas, they have different things that work for them. Both nations have a long history of cultural autocracy and paternalism. Russia even got a proper democracy, but seems to have largely gravitated back to a dictatorship, as it's just what they prefer. And America and the West supports abhorrent regimes too when it suites them. America invested heavily in the Iraqi war against Iran, as Iran was seen as the bigger threat. I see it as no different to the Chinese supporting the Sudanese for their oil interests in the area.

Is it nice? No. Is it right? Probably not. But this isn't a perfect world, and it's the way it works.

Well that's just daft.

Then we put it into perspective and realise our 20 fighters probably won't make a difference with the hundreds of US ones there. Also, we can't get F-22's, and I guarantee you it's because we decide we need to prove we're not America's complete bitch occasionally. I don't see why we do it. We all know that America saved us in the Second World War, and we also know that, God forbid, the massibe Muslim nation with more fit men of miltary age than we've people and a distinct shortage of land to the north of us decides to try anything, it'll be American munitions in our American fighters manned by Australians who were trained by American pilots maintained by Australians trained by American maintenance crews who stop the landing craft and clear the skies.

And don't get me wrong, I'm as nationalistic as you can get, but I don't see why we shouldn't be towing the US's line a tad more closely in the short-term for the long term gain. I don't like Howard all that much but I definitely agree with him in this department.

Though, there's ofcourse a line. But I don't think it should be drawn when we're asked to keep 1,000 personel and a squadron in Iraq.

go suck Ariel Sharon's dick.
I would but he can't get hard since his stroke :(

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Um... dude I was talking about the Gulf War. I don't think F-22's were even invented then. I fully support our military alliance with America, but I fail to see how we're America's lapdogs. Seems something some brain-dead, left-winger would say to try and cadge up anti-American sentiment.

And I disagree regarding Russia's state of autocracy. It's not an ideal democracy, but it's getting there. It certainly lies in stark contrast to China. Part of the reason it perhaps seems like a dictatorship right now is because Putin's 8 year 'reign' worked wonders for the country (40% poverty down to 14% and strong economic growth) without a significant tax on human rights, so a 65% appreciation rate is not unexpected.

Sure, you've got some level of corruption, bribery, lawlessness, and government exploitation of power, but it's comparable to (or better than), say, South America. It's called a flawed democracy. It doesn't automatically become a dictatorship when it's not fully oiled and efficient.

I think it's an important step that, whilst still in Putin's pocket, Medvedev is more freedom-leaning than Putin. And while he appears to be very palsy with Putin, at least he also has an air of independence about him. I certainly didn't expect the next president to be somebody Putin didn't handpick himself, but you gotta crawl before you can walk.

Last edited:

Admiral Nelson

Generalfeldmarschall
HSC
Oh, my mistake, I assumed it was part of the Rudd government's de-committment. I've not been current with current affairs, as my trials only just finished so there's a three week gap there. Sorry about that.

And I agree with you, Putin has done wonders. But you must admit, Russia's democracy has definitely slid towards an autocratic form of it. I'm not really sure if it's going towards a liberal democracy, or an autocracy at the moment, as it's got a lot of indicators for both ways.

Example, corruption is still an issue but it's definitely been cleaned up big time under Putin's rule, so a move towards liberalism. At the same time, Putin is effectively running the country beyond his term, a move towards a more autocratic system.

And these continue. I never said Russia wasn't a democracy, just that it certainly wasn't the same kind as ours, and Europe's. As I see it, Russia stands at a crossroads between the two.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)