Tafe Hours of Attenance etc..... (1 Viewer)

parts

HSC
Hi there,

I was wondering if someone could please tell me the hours that you need to attend tafe (e.g 9 - 5 ) or something.

I am planning on doing Diploma of Business - Fulltime.

It says on the info I have that it will be 18 - 20 hrs per week (3 - 4 days) for 1 year.

So if anyone knows and can tell me what would the hours be ?? like per day or something??

Thanks for any help.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
parts said:
Hi there,

I was wondering if someone could please tell me the hours that you need to attend tafe (e.g 9 - 5 ) or something.

I am planning on doing Diploma of Business - Fulltime.

It says on the info I have that it will be 18 - 20 hrs per week (3 - 4 days) for 1 year.

So if anyone knows and can tell me what would the hours be ?? like per day or something??

Thanks for any help.
It will likely vary from semester to semester depending on what electives you choose - but from the sound of it, you'd be doing 5 or 6 hours a day on the days you had class. There might also be the option of night classes too so its best to sort these specific details out with your co-ordinator.

LABRAT

HSC
I agree, you will need to find out more from your coordinator when you go for enrolment. The days you go to tafe and the amount of hours you do, varies depending on the campus and course, in 04 i done 5 days a week 9 to 3, last year i done monday 9 to 6 and tuesday 9 to 9, so dont go organising anything until you know exactly what days you go and how many hours a day. plus the hours they tell you in the information are not always accurate.

Nebuchadnezzar

Idealist
HSC
The hours will be vary, but tafe usually runs from 9-3 but can go longer. Also in my experience the tafe teachers aren't Nazi's when it comes to attendance.

But all the information you'll require will be given to you on enrolement day. Hope it goes well for you.

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
Hours will vary even after enrolments, for example if class numbers are low they might reduce hours rather than cancel the class.

Attendance is important, yes most teachers are lax but you better watch out for centerlink when audit time comes and you are found to be under the minimum requirements.

parts

HSC
Thanks for the feedback. I enrolled today and got my timetabel and it is pretty good i think, I got classes Mon 9 - 5, Tue 10 - 5, Wed 10 - 6pm....... then 4 days off Yay!!

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
according to my teacher they dont even have a standard anymore, you can just show up for exams and pass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)