TAFE -> usyd (1 Viewer)

epicFAILx

HSC
Can someone please offer me assistance....?

My plan is to do vet science at USYD, however in my case its going to be a little bit difficult.
SO i considered to study Animal Studies at TAFE (most likely next year)

..incase my ATAR is lower than required for entering that course in usyd.

now is it possible.. that i study at TAFE for a year, and then enter USYD ( i heard as a mature aged student, though i dont know how that works) directly after TAFE disreguarding my ATAR.

If this is possible.. then I'd most likely transfer to vet bioscience for more skill (and just incase in the unlikely scenario my ambitions change).

QUESTION: IS IT POSSIBLE? AND HOW DOES IT WORK!?! :spzz:

+ if anyone has done something similar to me.. let me know :)

Thankyou in advance

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
If you study for 1 extra year at TAFE and enter Uni at the age of 19 (or 20 if you're older), that doesn't count as mature age.

When they say mature age, they are talking about 35+ years old kinda age group.

MetalTheory

HSC
Uni Grad
If you study for 1 extra year at TAFE and enter Uni at the age of 19 (or 20 if you're older), that doesn't count as mature age.

When they say mature age, they are talking about 35+ years old kinda age group.
The minimum requirement for mature age entry is 21, and after a sufficient university entrance course has been taken.

VIPPER

Aiiiiiiiii
HSC
It's definitely possible to transfer to usyd from tafe. I did, but I'm not sure about vet sci/animal studies (I though it was quite odd when I saw people bringing dogs to tafe! lol now I know why..)

Get in touch with usyd and ask them if the tafe course you're planning to study will enable you to transfer upon completion. (note that you'll need distinction average- this shouldn't be too hard if you're getting average band 5's in HSC).

Best of luck :)

Cl324

HSC
N/A
TBH i think this is impossible
The ATAR cut off is like 98 and people who want to transfer from other uni courses need a D average so yeah

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
YEAR 12, 2O12 (HSC)
Mathematics 2-unit, English Standard, Physics, Drama, Biology, Studies Of Religion,

ATAR requirement 98+

Okay.

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
When I saw the title, I thought the OP meant that Tafe is greater than USyd. Surely I wasn't the only one who thought of this?

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
lol i read the title as Tafe is greater than (>) usyd.

Edit: ^ Bitch you beat me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)