• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE: Unites States & China....? (1 Viewer)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Phanatical said:
99% of Chinese people support the Reunificiation of China under One flag. This includes 99% of people on Taiwan Province. You're damn right I don't give a shit about the 1% of KMT bastards who want to destroy our country, because they have no loyalty to the Middle Kingdom as much as they do their own fucking coffers

Taiwan is NOT entitled to independence, any more than Tasmania is. The Only way it can achieve independence is if the rest of the Nation agrees, and it doesn't. Hell, I'll personally kill as many separatists as I can before I allow it to happen.
I would like to see your stats on 99% of the Taiwanese who want reunification of China under one flag.

You also seem to imply that these 99% want to join PROC rather then keep their current system which is incorrect.

Why sould they have loyalty to the Middle Kingdom, it was Duth before it was Chinese.

choc-chip

HSC
Its funny dat ppl from taiwan only has loyalty 2 japan and never 2 middle kingdom.

Phanatical said:
99% of Chinese people support the Reunificiation of China under One flag. This includes 99% of people on Taiwan Province. You're damn right I don't give a shit about the 1% of KMT bastards who want to destroy our country, because they have no loyalty to the Middle Kingdom as much as they do their own fucking coffers
okok fine - good on you for being so patriotic but plz get yer facts straight. KMT is the party that is open for negotiations with China while the PFP and its president Chen is the one who is a total supporter of independence. so stop insulting the "1% KMT bastards" if you are totally off track.

and no 99% of ppl on taiwan 'province' does not want reunificiation of china under one flag. if that is the case they wouldnt have voted for presdisent Chen or his referendum for independence. seriously i dont think a national election is classified as a poll conducted by separist groups but a poll that represents what ppl of taiwan wants

he's crazy O_O i hope China aint ruled by people with his mentality... otherwise Taiwan is doomed =( my poor family friends T_________T

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
The conservatives in china are kinda crazy... wanna bomb the shit out of taiwan.. "TEACH THOSE SEPERATISTS A LESSON FOR MESSING WITH MIGHTY MOTHER CHINA!!"
However alot of regular chinese i've found don't want a war... they see that it would only cost the lives of their chinese brothers, sisters

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
KMT, PFP, they're all descendants of the KMT bastards who raped the rest of China.

berry580

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Due to the 'war on terror' america has positioned alot of its aircraft in guam, etc .. it is believed by the chinese military that this is actually a defensive move to enclose china.

If PROC are so bold as to launch their 500-600 watever missiles at taiwan, kill 1000's of people, destroy homes, buildings, offices, airports.... then they deserve what's comming to them.
America has done it, why can't the Chinese?
Even if they did, all the PLA is doing is to crush the rebels and unite one's country, and what's wrong with that?

im sure the GMD did some pretty shitty things in mainland china when they were in power eg shanghai massacre, hiding their troops during the sino-jap war, extermination campaigns and the list goes on but im sure PRC did some terrible shit during their time as well... and thats not even the point

i agree with not that bright there =P i see taiwan-china relationship kinda like aussie-g.b.
Really? Well does the UN not recognise Australia to be a country?
Does the Australians need to 'contribute' billions to a 'snot sized' country inorder to be recognised by the 20 or so least powerful country in the world?

because the taiwanese government doesnt WANT to be united because they see themselves as their own country. and obviously the ppl dont want to either since they did elect a pro-independence government earlier this year... and even if they didnt, the other party intended to leave things as they are right now [sorta like the australia-great britain relationship but not really]. this aint 50 years ago where they both claim themselves to be the legit ruler of CHINA. the current govt wants taiwan to be taiwan and not china. and like you said, things in this world just happens and if ppl dont want to unite then they wont. what does china gain from uniting with taiwan? but if they do unite, the taiwan would have some new governing system and laws forced onto them... ppl in taiwan love their politics, they like to openly attack eachother in the streets when they dont like what party the other support - if taiwan and china fulli unites then who are they going to attack T-T china should just leave taiwan be. they've been living the way they have for 50 years - and i think they like the way it is now ~_~

seriously all they want is to b represented in the U.N. and in the olympics as Taiwan and not Chinese taipei or some gay name like that... if the ppl living there dont see themselves as citizens of China, but as citizens of taiwan, why force some new shit onto em? whats wrong with the way it is now... and if it aint broke... dont fix it?
Does it matter what they want?

They're not a country, but a province of China, UNDER People's Republic of China.
This is a fact backed by the UN and worldwide politically, and it'll continue to be in the forseeable future.

If the New South Wales government wants to declare independence, does that mean they can because they 'want' to? If you say this out in the news, your making yourself the biggest idiot ever, and please don't say you've been educated in Australia please.
If the aboriginal people were all living on a separate island (ie christmas island), with different laws, a different system of government... I would say they could declare independance if they wanted to.
Yes, if. LOL

They're probably alive in 1800 when they're not massacred by the white people YET.
Self-determination is a human right, Taiwan is entitled to independance much like Tibet, Chechnya, Ireland, East Timor and Palestine are, any attempts to stop independance is criminal.
In that case, you can say that to the Americans and Israelis too then.
In fact, around 10% of the Taiwanese supported independence according to a survey done by the Taiwan university which includes around a thousands people

Yes it is. Tasmania would also have the right if it so wished. This is all covered in the UN charter and numerous resolutions since.

I don't see why Taiwan would need China's permission to become independant either. Has there ever been a struggle for independance that wasn't opposed by the imperialist power that wished to maintain their colony/state/region and in this case province? I suppose Indonesia must agree with the East Timorese for them to be independant, or the British with the Americans, or the USSR/Russia with the (former) Yugoslavs.

Your claim that it can only achieve independance if China agrees is devoid morally and legally, it is no wonder you didn't bother to give any reason for your claim.
If Tasmania also that the right, then how come the Palestinians don't the the right to?
Its funny dat ppl from taiwan only has loyalty 2 japan and never 2 middle kingdom.
It's because they're WACKED! If not, what made you think I'm calling them "Chinese traitors"?
The conservatives in china are kinda crazy... wanna bomb the shit out of taiwan.. "TEACH THOSE SEPERATISTS A LESSON FOR MESSING WITH MIGHTY MOTHER CHINA!!"
War is of course the last option, but if that is what it takes to reunite my motherland, then that is what I'll support the PRC for.

nsw was independent for a while wasnt it? thats why they had the federation in the first place.. plus u cant compare the taiwan-china situation to nsw and australia... nsw hasnt operated under its own governing system for decades, nsw hasnt issued its owns visas, nsw does have its own army...

and wtf is up with you comparing this with the americans and israelis? u said urself that we cant all be like the british, well similarly we cant all be like the americans. why must u always link one thing to another when its not even relevent. just look at them all as individual cases o_o you're the one who sounds like an idiot ~_~

on another note, i wasnt comparing taiwan to australia.. i was just saying thats how i personally see the relationship between china and taiwan is atm....

so if 10% wanted independence, how do u know what the other 90% is desperate for unity... the survey includes about a thousand ppl but the election includes a couple o millions =| and of course it matters about what people want. because they are people, not commodities.. dont be such a cold, imperialistic person ~_~

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
lengstar said:
"TEACH THOSE TERRORISTS A LESSON FOR MESSING WITH MIGHTY AMERICA"
Afganistan and Iraq :rolleyes:
Oh lengstar that's really immature.... first of all the taiwanese haven't hit china or attacked them...
Second off what america has done to the terrorists and in afghanistan/iraq is NOTHING in comparison with what will happen to taiwan in a taiwan/china war....

War is of course the last option, but if that is what it takes to reunite my motherland, then that is what I'll support the PRC for.
And when you see airports blown up, a beautiful city in ruins, children dead from the bomb blasts... Then you'll see the price of this unity.
The taiwanese separatists will fight till the end, the most likely chinese strategy against taipei isn't a very 'nice' one. You put 600 missiles together with aerial bombardments and two people that both love their nations very much... you'll see how bad modern warfare truly can be.

Last edited:

Bone577

HSC
N/A
berry580 said:
In that case, you can say that to the Americans and Israelis too then.
I do.

berry580 said:
If Tasmania also that the right, then how come the Palestinians don't the the right to?
They do.

If you would spend a small amount of time in this forum you would realise that the number one concern I have is the independance of Palestine, which I argue incessantly about.

It sounds to me that your main argument now is "other places such as Chechnya or Palestine are being subverted by imperialist powers like Russia and Israel/US, how come China can't?"
Do you see how utterly flawed such an argument is?

berry580

HSC
Oh lengstar that's really immature.... first of all the taiwanese haven't hit china or attacked them...
Second off what america has done to the terrorists and in afghanistan/iraq is NOTHING in comparison with what will happen to taiwan in a taiwan/china war....
It's because they DON'T have the power to.
You know after KMT lost the war in 1949, the even sent U2's supplied by the Americans right ABOVE Beijing, because they thought the PLAAF had nothing to counter it.

I tell you what? YOU'RE being immature. What right do you have to say about an race's unity?
What has a race's unification process got anything to do with you? If you have so much opinion, how about fly to America and bash George Bush for supporting the Israelis murdering the Palestinians almost everyday?
And when you see airports blown up, a beautiful city in ruins, children dead from the bomb blasts... Then you'll see the price of this unity.
The taiwanese separatists will fight till the end, the most likely chinese strategy against taipei isn't a very 'nice' one. You put 600 missiles together with aerial bombardments and two people that both love their nations very much... you'll see how bad modern warfare truly can be.
I'll rather see that one off rather than see the Americans taking advantage of the China/Taiwan relation.
If a country ain't unified, war would sooner or later break out, and relieving the tension between the two is only a short term solution, unification is the ultimate solution to true peace.
Good for you, but by looks at the results, there can only be two reasons:
eithe you're the minority, or democracy simply ain't working at all.
They have the right, hence they're not allowed to form an army, they're not allowed to form an airforce and they're not allowed to declare independence.
It sounds to me that your main argument now is "other places such as Chechnya or Palestine are being subverted by imperialist powers like Russia and Israel/US, how come China can't?"
Do you see how utterly flawed such an argument is?
Flawed?
In what way?

The world leading power (US) has became a role model, and the rest of the world has simply followed the role model.
If you can even go wrong after you follow the role model, then nothing can be right.
'Moral' itself is quite subjective, so you can only measure by relative terms, and in this case I chose to compare with the world leading power- the US and her ally- Israel

(The point- this world is never perfect, and it can never be.)
No of course not.. because he doesn't realise he's just like the people he claims to hate.
Really? Do you see me supporting those Chinese traitors (Taiwanese)?
And most of all, I won't beg an enemy for weapon and then realise there isn't enough money the next second. HAHAHA........

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I tell you what? YOU'RE being immature. What right do you have to say about an race's unity?
What has a race's unification process got anything to do with you? If you have so much opinion, how about fly to America and bash George Bush for supporting the Israelis murdering the Palestinians almost everyday?
Oh wow that's a really good comment... i disagree with isreals stance on the palestinians and the race thing was just a stupid comment i'm not even gunna bother on that topic...

It's because they DON'T have the power to.
You know after KMT lost the war in 1949, the even sent U2's supplied by the Americans right ABOVE Beijing, because they thought the PLAAF had nothing to counter it.
Stop living in the past, most modern taiwanese separatists want their own nation.. they don't want ur mainland china.

I'll rather see that one off rather than see the Americans taking advantage of the China/Taiwan relation.
If a country ain't unified, war would sooner or later break out, and relieving the tension between the two is only a short term solution, unification is the ultimate solution to true peace.
wtf? So you expect america and uk to re-unite soon? That's a real dodgy answer to the question.. but i think you did answer it, you don't care about what would happen to the taiwanese people at all. How can you judge america for their actions in iraq when you're willing to support such a slaugher on people who you yourself consider your brothers, sisters? No american political party would missile other americans...

The world leading power (US) has became a role model, and the rest of the world has simply followed the role model.
If you can even go wrong after you follow the role model, then nothing can be right.
'Moral' itself is quite subjective, so you can only measure by relative terms, and in this case I chose to compare with the world leading power- the US and her ally- Israel

(The point- this world is never perfect, and it can never be.)
Your not even playing this debate by your own rules... first you say the standards set by the commonwealth etc don't matter now you're saying that americans standards matter...

Berry my problem with you.. is that you're willing to kill your own brothers and sisters, destroy one of what would be china's greatest provinces, all over something that happened 50 years ago...

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
fungrz said:
more like 50.2% of "separatist scum" =P
i think taiwan should stay the way it is and it has been for the past 50 years... China doesnt forcefully influence the way taiwan is governed and there is no need to risk a war =\ i don't like the government in power now =(
oh gee and what you like or dislike should have a huge impact on the policies of the CPC *roles eyes*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)