Talkin' 'bout your generation. (1 Viewer)

Intronaut

HSC
Spicks & Specks anyone?

No points for originality. Points for Arj Barker though.

rozymisty

HSC
Although even Spicks and Specks stole its format from elsewhere.
where did spicks and specks steal its format from huh?
Glasshouse 'stole' the format kinda of GNW but then again both shows are made by the same prod co so yeah thats ok....wish theyd bing that back....

Total copy of that game from spicks though. And yes you could certainly tell it wasnt Shaun's jokes....why do they always get shit writers on potentially good shows...eg Let Loose Live....

Sweet FA TV

HSC
I think it would be better if they had people from the general public on the show as well as celebrities....give us a chance to show them what the generations are really like...

What do you think?

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
I didn't watch it, but I just can't picture Charlie Pickering as funny. I watch Cash Cab from time to time, and he is just so wooden. James Kerley was always hilarious in Cash Cab's previous incarnation.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
where did spicks and specks steal its format from huh?
The music/quiz/comedy idea draws from Never mind the Buzzcocks, amoung others. And many of the question games have been around in theatre circles for years. The premises are not new at all.

However, this doesn't stop the show from being incredibly funny, and it ranks as one of my favourite shows. I think you may have misunderstood the intensity on 'stole'. Perhaps 'borrow' would be more appropriate. :)

Chazure

HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm i'll give it a few more episodes before l judge.

Morbo

HSC
+1

i love arj barker! he's so hilarious :)
He looked really uncomfortable in some places. The questions all have one-word answers which doesn't really give the guests a chance to crack many jokes, unlike GNW where they spend more time on tangents rather than answering the question.

your.knee

i'm lizzing
HSC
^ lol yea he has a weird accent?

i don't mind the show but yea definitely room for improvement. shaun micallef is hilarious and seems a bit confined or something.. i think it needs to pick up the pace a bit or make it flow better. i hope it gets better ha

Roy9

HSC
Watched the first episode only because Arj Barker was on.... pretty terrible show nonetheless

Lentern

HSC
Its had a mediocre start but I think has shown great potential. The idea for the show like spicks and specks before it and good news week before that is merely to get a bunch of funny people in a room together with something to move dialogue along when it gets a bit slow but otherwise just to have the celebraties exchange in some good banter. Micallef is well suited to the role of host whilst Josh Thomas is about the most articulate young comedian going round so hooking him was a good move. Amanda Keller is good at anything really so I think once the regulars develop a rapport in the way Paul Mcdermott, Kate Fischer, Anthony Morgan, Julie Mccrossin and Mike Robbins kind of struck up at the height of GNW the show will get alot better.

I wonder whether generational teams was the righ way to go about it though thats the big question mark. The Baby boomers and to an extent gen X will have no end of clever, funny, well liked people who they can throw in the grinder but aside from Josh Thomas I'm struggling to think of a gen y who can do it particularly well. Still the show has three of my favourite media personalities as regulars so I believe it can go the distance.

Yokky

HSC
Why do you think Shaun Micallef doesn't wright his jokes?

I think they're quite micallish and some of them are very funny! )

Last edited:

Yokky

HSC
I think it would be better if they had people from the general public on the show as well as celebrities....give us a chance to show them what the generations are really like...

What do you think?
That's a really great idea! ) We should pitch that to TEN. )

ZaraKu

HSC
Watched the season 2 premiere last week. Basil Brush kicks ass. anyone else watch, I forgot to get the 3-D goggles so that bit gave me a headache... :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)