Tax file number? (1 Viewer)

Arv21

HSC
I don't have a TFN yet. I applied for it two weeks ago and it has yet to arrive. Will this be a problem when I go to enroll on the 24th?

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
most prob yes, i was in the same case when looking for employment, you have to go to the nearest ato and get it yourself or fill in one there physically, mine was delayed for months until i went to ato and got it back in a few weeks.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I was in the same situation you are in when I enrolled.

You can apply for HECS-HELP as per normal but you need to give the Student Centre your TFN before the census date.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I don't have a TFN yet. I applied for it two weeks ago and it has yet to arrive. Will this be a problem when I go to enroll on the 24th?
Should be okay.

You don't need your TFN to enrol yourself into the system. You have until March 14th if I recall correctly to enter and finalise all your details, including TFN.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
most prob yes, i was in the same case when looking for employment, you have to go to the nearest ato and get it yourself or fill in one there physically, mine was delayed for months until i went to ato and got it back in a few weeks.
Nope

Arv21

HSC
Ok that's reassuring thanks guys :D Hopefully it comes in soon.

HSC
You can use your certificate of application for TFN.

Arv21

HSC
Is that those sheets you show them when you apply for the TFN?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Is that those sheets you show them when you apply for the TFN?
IIRC, when you apply for a TFN they give you a proof of application which is valid during the period from application to receiving the TFN.

pHyRe

HSC
forgot my TFN for today.... dammit. haha

now i have to sign some crap and scan it to them. or maybe i should just wait till O-week and give it in, i suck at scanning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)