Tax Rates (1 Viewer)

How do you feel about the current tax rates on the rich?

• The rich should be taxed less.

• The rich should be taxed more.

• The rich should be taxed the same as they currently are.

Results are only viewable after voting.

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
"As of 27 August 2023, Australia's prime minister is paid a total salary of A$586,950. This is made up of the 'base salary' received by all members of parliament (A$225,750) plus a 160 percent 'additional salary' for the role of prime minister."

yea
my principal in high school is paid double that i think lmao

carrotsss

HSC
you'd be surprised how quickly a mortgage eats up your 300k.
ik you dont live in sydney, but this is the reality here. on a 30 year mortgage, most of what you pay back is interest also. like you pay 7 million for 3 million house
i do live in sydney now for uni but also the median house is 1.4 million and pretty much nobody is buying a home just for themself, you have both you and your partners income. obviously if you want to live in a mansion in the middle of the city at the peak of housing prices it’s gonna take up a lot of your income but nobody is forcing u to do that

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
i do live in sydney now for uni but also the median house is 1.4 million and pretty much nobody is buying a home just for themself, you have both you and your partners income. obviously if you want to live in a mansion in the middle of the city at the peak of housing prices it’s gonna take up a lot of your income but nobody is forcing u to do that
i dont understand these median house prices, cause its pretty much impossible finding a house for 1.4 million in sydney that isn't a complete dumpster. even places an hour from the city are like 3 million for a decent home

and then when you factor in the expected house prices when it comes time for our generation to buy....

carrotsss

HSC
"As of 27 August 2023, Australia's prime minister is paid a total salary of A$586,950. This is made up of the 'base salary' received by all members of parliament (A$225,750) plus a 160 percent 'additional salary' for the role of prime minister."

yea
tbh stuff about politicians incomes is just rage bait, they make up such an inconsequential portion of the government and most politicians could easily make significantly more than their politician salary in the private sector with a much less stressful job

carrotsss

HSC
i dont understand these median house prices, cause its pretty much impossible finding a house for 1.4 million in sydney that isn't a complete dumpster. even places an hour from the city are like 3 million for a decent home

and then when you factor in the expected house prices when it comes time for our generation to buy....
yeah tbh I don’t disagree with you that house prices are absolutely awful and a major issue in sydney, but there are pretty decent places for around the median (far from dumpster)

but yeah it’s gonna be cooked for us, tbh im just banking on landing a quant trading job and then riding the crazy bonuses

carrotsss

HSC
i guess apartments are a cheaper alternative, but you still have to deal with strata fees and i would hate not having space and a backyard
tbh living in an apartment for the last few months I’ve been surprised by how decent it is, a house would definitely be better especially once you have a family and all that but until then I don’t really mind it

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC

yea
LMAO only?
bro thats embarrassing ngl

jonolad69

HSC
yeah, if you earn 500k, you practically only have 300k after tax, and that's only enough for a mortgage of a pretty average house, with barely any money left over for food, education, car/travel, literally everything else.
to live comfortably in sydney, you really need to be earning at least 800k (so yeah, the only logical move is to leave sydney)
LOL 800k

are you being serious????? hahaha

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
????? i can’t tell if ur joking or not but at 300k after tax you should be considering investment properties and stuff like that, if you aren’t comfortable on 300k then you need to learn how to manage money well, mortgages don’t cost that much. not everyone in sydney is top 1%
MORTgAGES DO COST MUCH 😭
I'm going to live in a cave for free

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
@scaryshark09 what do you mean by 'rich' in your question like squillionaires or like 200k+ a year

idkkdi

HSC

guess i live in a dumpster f

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)