Teachers in Selective Schools? (1 Viewer)

RaceOfAce

HSC
N/A
I'd have to say, I'm a bit disappointed in one of the new teachers at my school. I can't find a chair in my usual spot. I stand for a bit. She tells me to move to sit with other students. I say "Oh, it's okay, I can stand here for a bit". She insists I do so, and thus I do. Another teacher comes to the door and wants to talk about something (non-disciplinary). I come back and go to move the spare chair to my usual spot. She says "No, you have to sit on the other side of the room". Because I 'questioned' her about standing. Oh wait, did I mention this is roll call and I would have been standing for about 5 more minutes if I had just stood in my original spot the whole time? 31 desks in the room, 30 chairs.

EDIT: The core of this is: What rule did I break?

EDIT #2: This was actually good, these reply's helped me notice I'm just feeling bad because I'm at a "stick it to the man" phase. Thanks for replying, and hopefully these indeed autism-like teenage emotion spikes will leave me to study in peace soon.

Last edited:

RaceOfAce

HSC
N/A
I'm fairly certain this teacher will do this to me every roll call from now on.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Just sit down bud. Use some common sense.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
You claim that you will be an adult soon but all I can see is that you're acting like a petulant child.

Grow up.

RaceOfAce

HSC
N/A
I still fail to see the mistake I made that I had to be punished for?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
You also admitted that this was Roll Call so you would only be there for 5 minutes?

Why are you venting about this when any well-adjusted student would just take a seat and go through the ordeal of having to sit with other people for a paltry 5 minutes? Is it absolutely essential that you sit in the same spot every morning or will this ruin your day?

How is this even an issue?

superesse

HSC
N/A
How does being apparently more intelligent or potentially more successful entitle you to better treatment from another person? At least, that was what I gathered from your indeed elitist rant. And it is not an issue of right or wrong or making some mistake, it is an issue of basic social etiquette/respect. If the teacher tells you to sit down, then just sit down.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
And why do you think that?

EDIT: Legit question - what did I actually do wrong?
You didn't break any rules.
But life's tough, things won't always go your way and you need to acknowledge that. FFS you're making the biggest deal out of a fucking spot in the classroom, stop being such a pansy.

RaceOfAce

HSC
N/A
You didn't break any rules.
But life's tough, things won't always go your way and you need to acknowledge that. FFS you're making the biggest deal out of a fucking spot in the classroom, stop being such a pansy.
Well, that was actually legit. Perhaps I just can't take being ordered to do something. Perhaps learning to say "Oh well" and give up is needed here. Okay, thanks I guess?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
What do you mean by you 'questioned' her about standing? I think next time, just ask the teacher whether you can go to the classroom next door to get another chair. Don't think of school as only consist of rules, sometimes doing what constitutes common sense would be the best way to go. (I myself are guilty of lacking common sense at times:)). Move a chair to the classroom and you will not have to stand up next time.

RaceOfAce

HSC
N/A
What do you mean by you 'questioned' her about standing? I think next time, just ask the teacher whether you can go to the classroom next door to get another chair. Don't think of school as only consist of rules, sometimes doing what constitutes common sense would be the best way to go. (I myself are guilty of lacking common sense at times:)). Move a chair to the classroom and you will not have to stand up next time.
There were lots of spare chairs on the other side of the room, but most people were in the centre area, so I wanted to get a spare one. But she said to just sit there.

Time to practice: Oh well, life's a bitch.

braintic

HSC
N/A
I don't understand the thread title. What does this have to do with being in a selective school?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I'd have to say, I'm a bit disappointed in one of the new teachers at my school. I can't find a chair in my usual spot. I stand for a bit. She tells me to move to sit with other students. I say "Oh, it's okay, I can stand here for a bit". She insists I do so, and thus I do. Another teacher comes to the door and wants to talk about something (non-disciplinary). I come back and go to move the spare chair to my usual spot. She says "No, you have to sit on the other side of the room". Because I 'questioned' her about standing. Oh wait, did I mention this is roll call and I would have been standing for about 5 more minutes if I had just stood in my original spot the whole time? 31 desks in the room, 30 chairs.

EDIT: The core of this is: What rule did I break?

EDIT #2: This was actually good, these reply's helped me notice I'm just feeling bad because I'm at a "stick it to the man" phase. Thanks for replying, and hopefully these indeed autism-like teenage emotion spikes will leave me to study in peace soon.
I thought Sheldon Cooper was disgraceful and terrible......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)