Teaching in Highschool (1 Viewer)

PattieBoi

HSC
Ok so here's my issue.

I've all of a sudden decided to change my career path and want to become an English teacher and a DT teacher.

Here's problem number 1:

My school didn't run DT because we didn't have enough people picking it up therefore I couldn't take the class obviously.

and

Here's problem number 2:

I'm only taking up Standard English out of pure laziness and thinking that I'd rather top a subject without working my arse off - I now regret making that decision.

Do you think it's still possible for me to become an English and DT teacher?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Very difficult - not because of the subjects and levels studied but because of the combination of teaching subjects.

Most unis have set combinations based on what is the normal combinations e.g. most English teachers are also qualified to teach History and that is how the unis are set up.

When you get to the school you may state a preference e.g. at my place I only teach History and all the other English/History qualified teachers have a distince preference for English.

PattieBoi

HSC
Cheers for the reply.

What if say, I chose to teach Religion and English. Would that work better than DT and English?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
PattieBoi said:
Cheers for the reply.

What if say, I chose to teach Religion and English. Would that work better than DT and English?
Certainly.

Particularly as all, or at least most, teachers in Catholic schools are expected to be able to teach Religion so Religion with any combination is possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)