tear jerkers! (1 Viewer)

meggy_moo

PMS PRINCESS
HSC
ok....i spent an hour last night crying over beth dying in little women and got all splotchy and stuff! anyone else have a book they just sob over?

astro

HSC
I cried when i read Jessica by Bryce Courtenay (i think that's how you spell it)....so sad.....i think there's going to be a movie or mini-series about it on channel ten soon

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
I cried in both Falling Leaves and Chinese Cinderella. I cried because I thought about how awful I would feel if my family treated me like that. I think I cried in the Joy Luck Club as well... as well as Desert Flower by Waris Dirie. I cry in a lot of female orientated books.. I'm not sure why.

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
I dont know why, i just cant warm to chinese translations. I thought chinese cinerella and falling leaves was too bland.

Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar, the little prince, and The selfish gaint did it for me. The last two i cried in content.

Which book made you cry in content?? spill!

kleptomaniac

HSC
God, just about any book relatively sad makes me cry. I have a habit of taking it all a bit too literally and really empathising a bit too much with the characters. The one that always, always, always makes me cry is Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Sad, I know, but just for that moment before Sirius gets hit I think that everything's gonna be alright, and then when it isn't, Im gone.
On a more sophisticated level, I also get teary in I Capture the Castle by Dodie (I think it is) Smith. I just feel so sorry for Stephen. Unrequited love has to be the worst thing ever. And he's so understanding about the whole thing.

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
Tomorrow will be another day scene in Gone With the Wind

and

when that guy committed suicide in Looking For Alibrandi...I stayed up til 4 in the morning finishing that

astro

HSC
Originally posted by Persephone87

when that guy committed suicide in Looking For Alibrandi...I stayed up til 4 in the morning finishing that
Yeah i cried in that scene too.....

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
Were Falling Leaves and Chinese Cinderella like sequels or something?? or just same author.. i picked up Falling Leaves at a second hand books store cause the blurb sounded good, is there another one to go with it???

I cried over Where The Heart Is - Billie Letts

and Bridge To Terabithia - Katherine Paterson

meggy_moo

PMS PRINCESS
HSC
Originally posted by Persephone87
oh yeah thats a shocker! i just cry and cry!

also when im reading"The Dark Tower". not sure who its by but its soooo sad

clerisy

HSC
I cry in everything

I think the real picks, though are:

- every tormented Rhett/tormented Scarlett scene in Gone with the Wind
- Heathcliff's reaction to Cathy's death in Wuthering Heights
- the end of The Mill on the Floss.
- Charlotte's death in Charlotte's Web (now THAT is heartbreaking)
- Ralph's death in Portrait of a Lady

porge

sorry, you've missed me
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by kleptomaniac

On a more sophisticated level, I also get teary in I Capture the Castle by Dodie (I think it is) Smith. I just feel so sorry for Stephen. Unrequited love has to be the worst thing ever. And he's so understanding about the whole thing.
really?
i read it... i couldnt wait to ifnish it, it didnt go anywhere. theres not many books i dont like, but man, i wouldnt suggest that book to anyone

kleptomaniac

HSC
Yeah, I know it's slow at first, but don't you just cry at the unfairness of it all? No one seems able to get the person they love, and i can't stand the couple that do end up together.

I dunno, maybe it's just because I'm a sucker for angst filled romance

Carlz135

HSC
A really great book is "Cross My Heart" Maureen McCarthy. A teary romance!

and for something different try "Skating the Edge" Julia Lawrinson. One of those books that clicks at the end and makes you go and read it again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)