technological change (1 Viewer)

mayhemily

HSC
So i'm doing technological change as one of my topic thingos.
But im having a lot of trouble getting enough information because i can only find one textbook reference... is anybody doing this as well? any suggestions on where i can get some info would be greatly appreciated!!

santaslayer

HSC
What 'topic thingos'? :confused:

Anyway, here are a few pointers to get you started. :)

1) The Artificial Conceptions Act 1984 (NSW) covers artificial conception and IVF using doner sperm and stated that the biological mother and her spouse were the legal parents, but did not extend to cover those concieved by donar ova. The Status of Childeren Act (NSW) 1996 provided the latter with a remedy.

2)Computer related crime

3) Y2K Bug- Concerns of issues of liability and warranties .

TechnologicaL change has also allowed law enforcers to catch crime that could not be tracked previously. eg. DNA, phone tapping, survelience. etc.

What topic are you doing?

mayhemily

HSC
thanks! umm the optional focus study? I'm not really sure... but its an assessment where we have to research the chosen area (in my case technological change) under the framework of the other units like family and crime.

Becc

i have technological change as an optional focus study too..
its good, but its kinda confusing..
its not really straightforward..

are there any good references for this topic!
ARGH! its going to drive me INSANE.
i'm just wanting some information that is comprehensive!

Becc

cont from that..

I have a pretty thorough set of notes from my teacher, but I'm just hoping to find more texts/resources so that I can really go well in the T.C. essay.

mayhemily

HSC
i found these reference books at the library which were REALLY helpful. They're in a set called 'issues' (I think) and they cover topics such as cloning, the intenet, genetic modification, stem cell research... they were a really big help so I suggest everyone go look!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)